• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Have Monitor 3s, looking to match rears and centre

topperdoggle

I have had a hi-fi for many years - Arcam Alpha 8 CD, 9 integrated amp, MA Monitor 3 floorstanders, and REL Q100E sub. This has always given me great performance and I am in no hurry to upgrade.

However I have decided to add surround to the picture, and have a Yamaha DSPAX761 receiver. I'd like to get hold of some rears and a centre, ideally to match my Monitor 3 fronts as well as possible.

I don't /think/ MA were doing surround stuff at the time, but I could be wrong. To integrate well, am I best off looking for second-hand MA rears and centres, or are surround speakers from a different "range" no better than from a different manufacturer entirely?

Budget is tight, so I really don't want to ditch my beloved Monitor 3s for a new integrated set - I imagine that a set with similar hi-fi performance in the fronts to my existing ones will surely cost a grand, plus I really love my REL sub. I could get a centre and rears from Richer Sounds I suppose, but I'd rather get something better but second hand.

Thoughts and advice appreciated, hope this post makes some sense. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom