1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have money will spend.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by strider-nje, Apr 29, 2003.

1. strider-nje

strider-nje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have about £750.00 (yes english) and want to get myself a decent camcorder.

One of the main things I want to be able to do is get the recorded images onto a CD-R in a windows media format.
    Other considerations are:

1. Easy to handle
    2. Simple to use
    3. Good out of the box battery life and recharge times
    4. 10x Zoom or better with image stabilization.
    5. Good qaulity playback.
    6. Low or no motor noise.

Not all in that order.
    Currently I am looking at a JVC-GR-DV4000 I can get this camcorders for £750.00.

Would this be the best choice or should I consider any others.

OR (Not wanting to open a can of worms)
    Should I go for a non digital Camcorder and use a 'AV in' card on my PC. (Only just thought of that...maybe it should be in a seperate post).

Thank you in advance for any comments you may have.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    To get the video onto a CD-R you will need to capture the footage to your PC. To do this you will need a firewire card and your PC must be running Windows 98SE or later. If you go analogue the quality will a lot lower and a capture card of any quality will be a lot more expensive than a firewire card.
    You say you want the footage as a media player format. Why? If you copy to disk as MPEG-1 (ie a VCD) then you will be able to play the disks on most DVD players (PC or Standalone).
    Any editing/capturing/converting on the PC will require software. If running Windows XP then you can download M$ Movie Maker 2 free from the M$ web site. Otherwise you will need to also buy some software, this can often come bundled with the capture card and costs from around £30

Mark.