Have mislaid the Reinstallation discs for my laptop

laserbeam

Prominent Member
Reaction score
When I bought this laptop about six years ago I Made three discs which I believe would be needed if I needed to install the laptop again in the future.Not sure what these discs are called they may be Re-installation discs.But now seem unable to find them as anything related to the PC was kept in one box.Is it possible get these discs again or download then.Thanks

It would help if we knew what laptop you are talking about. Provide that and we can then help further.

You can always go to the manufacturers site to get the drivers etc. You can also download and install W10 if that is what you were using.

Apologies for not supplying that information the Laptop is a Asus K73E the OS is Windows 7.My wife had something similar when she changed her laptop but it came with the information on a memory stick which she still has as I checked.What would these three discs be for.Thanks for the reply.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Many have used them for sure. But there are cheaper ones on there that are equally as good.

Would these come as a disc or would I be sent the registration number by email

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Would these come as a disc or would I be sent the registration number by email

Not in this day and age.

You could always go for a newer version but you might want to stick with what your familiar with and I would understand that.

I think what I mislaid were the repair disc though might be wrong so did the following.
Clicked on start then in search bar typed in create then clicked on create a system repair disc put blank DVD in the drive and created a new disc.Although I seem to remember I originally had three discs but those were CDs and I have just used a DVD so maybe that makes a difference.

I have just realised that you can do a factory restore.

1. Power on or reboot the ASUS laptop. When the ASUS logo screen appears, press "F9" to access the hidden partition.

2. Press "Enter" when Windows Boot Manager appears. Choose your language from the options and click "Next."

3. Review the on-screen messages and then click "Next." Select one of the following options: "Recover Windows to First Partition Only," "Recover Windows to Entire HD" or "Recover Windows to Entire HD With Two Partitions."

4. Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the ASUS laptop to the factory defaults.

But this would revert to old OS, if you upgraded to W10 at any time.

I have just been up the town and called into the computer shop I use and mentioned that was going to change my version of office to maybe 2007.He said it would be better to get Office 2010 and I have looked and can only see ones that are for one device.If my wife changes her laptop which she wants to do then 2010 would be fine.Is 2010 suitable for Windows 7 64bit.

If your laptop still works, you can extract serial numbers of software using something like Jellybean. Then you can make new build CDs from Microsoft website.

Windows 7 support stops in the New Year. If you are doing a reinstallation of 7 you might as well try 10 first. Why? The big manufacturers of computers are still offering a free upgrade to 10 so long as the machine matches certain criteria, they are just not advertising it. I have already done this for certain HP and Dell machines.
Your ASUS machine should have a COA sticker on it that has the product code for Windows 7. You will need this if installing 10.

Please note I am not guaranteeing this will work,just suggesting you have nothing to lose by trying.

PS Backup all of your data before doing so !!!

I think it is still the case that Win7 serials work with Win 10 :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom