Have I made the right choice ?

JamieBee

Novice Member
A year ago I purchased a Tosh 32WL56 LCD for approx a 20 x 20 ft lounge. I use the TV for Sky (not HD yet), watching DVDs and playing HD gaming on Xbox 360.

I previously had a 28 inch CRT which was too small for my viewing distance of about 8-9 ft. I had a chat with a guy in Comets just before buying who advised me that at that distance 32" would be fine.

After reading some flatscreen TV magazines I plumped for the LCD as I read that gaming can use screen burn. Since then I have read lots and lots people have plasmas and play games fine without a problem.

After scanning the forums from time to time I have got the impression that a lot of people just get whatever size they want (within reason) disregarding the distance or size of room. I am now thinking that I could have gone a bit bigger on an LCD (37") or even a plasma (but I believe that these start at 42" anyway).

After reading some flatscreen TV magazines I plumped for the LCD as I read that gaming can cause screen burn. Since then I have read lots and lots people have plasmas and play games without a problem.

My question is this - have I made the right choice for my circumstances or could I/should I go larger ??? :thumbsup:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Go larger mate.
At 8-9ft, a 42" isn't too big, IMO.
When I first got mine, the missus and daughter both said "it's too big", but after a week, they both admitted they liked it.
When they see a small telly now, they wonder how we ever managed.
Our viewing distance is 6 to 12 ft, FYI.

S

shirtee

You can get PDPs at 37" also, have a look at the Panny Viera range.
I'm going 32" LCD and am pretty much at the same viewing distance as you 6-8 feet.

JamieBee

Novice Member
A guy in Richer Sounds just said to me that a 32" inch TV will have a better refresh rate than a 37" (if they are same make). Not heard that one before. Different people say different things........

JamieBee

Novice Member
I am thinking of upgrading from my Tosh 32WL56 to a Tosh 37WL66.

How much money do you think my old TV is worth if I sell it ? I paid £850 for it a year or so ago.