1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I made a mistake?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gadjet, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello every body again,
    I recently purchased 2 new rear speakers, the same as the front 2 ( Tannoy mercury M2). I have to set the rear 2 speakers higher than front 2 and more so on prologic (sky and tv). Still not feeling that the rear sound is clear as what expected or from what I have read from your views and magazines. Is there a setting to get the most of this from my amp (Yam A5) or would it be worth selling back 2 to get the speakers that are sold to be just rear speakers.
    If any one is intersested I bought the same rear on the thought of the sound being same level on all 5 speakers and thinking it would sound even better.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Use the test tones on the amp to ensure that all speakers are set correctly to give the same sound output when you are in your normal position position.

Maybe you are expecting too much from the rears as the sound from a filmtrack is aimed at the front three speakers with ambience or special effects only coming through the rears.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is nothing wrong with your speaker setup....
    With most Dolby Prologic material (tv, video, sky) you wont hear a lot happening at the rear because of the way the programme is mixed - the rear channels are uaually quite subtle.
    To really get some action from the rears you need dolby digital or dts!