Have I made a mistake....?

UKMcDaddy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all - after some advice if poss please. I have purchased a 75 inch LG 916 QNED, and matching LG SN 11 soundbar set. Both will be wall mounted and we'll be sitting between 2.5-3m away. The room is a second loving room/ TV room that will cater for general viewing including films, small amount of gaming, etc. Not limited to anything particularly specific.

My wife has been told that HD content from our Sky Q box will look terrible in that size from that distance. I thought I had done lots of research but now am panicking. Have I gone too big?

The TV hasn't been delivered yet and will be installed in a house I haven't moved into yet... So no chance to test it.
Thanks!

I'm happy to have one loving room, but two hmm 😉😁

Don't blame the TV, blame the source. Put on a 1080p or 4K movie and it'll look fine. Put on SD broadcast that is highly compressed and you'll be greeted by video compression blocks.

Although for movies I'd have gone Oled, not LCD.

I think you could get a better TV for the same money, either going down to a 65" OLED or a different 75" LCD.

Generally, LG LCDs aren't that recommended by enthusiasts due to the IPS panels. They're great for viewing angles but poor for picture quality.

I think you could get a better TV for the same money, either going down to a 65" OLED or a different 75" LCD.

Generally, LG LCDs aren't that recommended by enthusiasts due to the IPS panels. They're great for viewing angles but poor for picture quality.

Thanks. I considered an OLED but nervous about burn in due to my kid watching hours of cartoons at a time. Even though I understand there are counter measures o fear I'll constantly be policing the TV!
Also I wanted an LG as it has the Google stadia app (this is unique to LG at the mo). It actually cost about the same as the B1 OLED variant (same size).

For either, will the size be an issue for regular TV viewing? We don't watch much SD (other than kids channels I guess) but not sure what resolution stuff like ITV HD is for example

Thanks. I considered an OLED but nervous about burn in due to my kid watching hours of cartoons at a time. Even though I understand there are counter measures o fear I'll constantly be policing the TV!
Also I wanted an LG as it has the Google stadia app (this is unique to LG at the mo). It actually cost about the same as the B1 OLED variant (same size).

For either, will the size be an issue for regular TV viewing? We don't watch much SD (other than kids channels I guess) but not sure what resolution stuff like ITV HD is for example

Video compression is what makes image look rubbish.

I've played dvd region 1 starship troopers on my 65" it looks superb..

Yet switch to crappy broadcast channel on hd box on parents 40" plasma and it looks horrid

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom