Have I knackered my Creative Zen??

Reaction score
Long story short.

I tried my 20gb Zen with a cassette adapter in my new car that doesnt have a cd player. I also attached the charger to the fag socket. Unfotunately I didnt realise I had a choce of power switches on the transformer, and left it on 12V.:oops:

The player is now dead as a dodo. Cant reboot it.

Is it doomed along with my 250 odd albums I had on it, or can it be repaired?

Is there an internal 'fuse' to rescue foolish middle aged twerps who simply havent got a clue?

Any advice much appreciated.

There'll be no internal fuse, thats about all i could say bar some components maybe transistors or some wires just burnt out in the powering process, if you can get it really cheaply repaired or can take it apart yourself then try it but otherwise I can't see how it would work.

Bonzodogdick said:
Long story short.

I tried my 20gb Zen with a cassette adapter in my new car that doesnt have a cd player. I also attached the charger to the fag socket. Unfotunately I didnt realise I had a choce of power switches on the transformer, and left it on 12V.:oops:

The player is now dead as a dodo. Cant reboot it.

Is it doomed along with my 250 odd albums I had on it, or can it be repaired?

Is there an internal 'fuse' to rescue foolish middle aged twerps who simply havent got a clue?

Any advice much appreciated.

Perhaps Creative can help or well you could purchase a new Zen open it up, swap the hard drives :D

Don't think the fault will be with the hard drive but with the first few components in the chain that received the 12v but ur best bet is probly to get onto creative.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Creative dont do spares anymore for the 20gb Zens, but they have offered me a discount on a new 30gb Zen Vision M.

£180 inc vat.

Didnt really wanna spend that much again, but it looks a good player, and I was delighted with my other one.

Perhaps Ill go for it and call it a lesson learned.

Yeah. I cheekily asked them for a larger discount, but they stuck with £180 including vat & delivery.

I suppose its a tenner better in my pocket (assuming I go with the ZVM)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom