Have I grounds to Change

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by thosru, Jun 10, 2009.

1. thosru

thosru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi:hiya: I signed up to a Virgin Media package in February 2009 consisting BB-L ,TV-XL, Phone-XL. The deal was that the 1st month 13th & 14th months fees would be reduced by £35.00 making a saving on the 18 month contact of £105. The first 2 months direct debits were taken at full price with no reduction of £35.00. I telephoned them and was advised that it would be corrected next payment, that would be April I didn't get the correction and now Mays payment has been taken again at full price.

If I had not paid I'd be in trouble. In my mind they have broken the contact so do I have grounds to ask for a change of contact as there are some better deals now.

TomR:cool:

2. dominicwest

dominicwest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in my humble opinion you do have grounds to threaten to leave and they should let you choose a current deal to keep your custom. Having said that I called customer servoces tonight they were the rudest people i have ever spoken to so GOOD LUCK!

3. thosru

thosru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi:hiya: Finally got around to telephoning Virgin re above. They sounded a long way away:rolleyes: I told them that in my mind THEY had breeched the terms of the contract and it was as though they posted offers and hoped people forgot or didn't notice the wrong charges. After they took advice I was offered the 3x £35.00 back next month in one go :clap:.
    I didn't push for anymore, thought it was a reasonable offer, trying to change contracts midterm I think is a night mare. I could end up worst off and tied in for longer:eek: Just need to wait and see if it happens.

TomR:cool: