1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I got this right/wrong?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by topboss, Oct 23, 2004.

1. topboss

topboss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need some help before I start going totally round the bend!

Equipment:

Panasonic TH42PW7B
    Sky +
    Denon AVR3805
    Denon DVD3910

PW7 to Sky+ via JS Labs VGA converter
    PW7 to DVD3910 via Component board
    DVD3910 to AVR3805 via "Denon Link"
    Sky + to AVR3805 via Optic cable

Anything wrong/missed.........a real newbie to this so am currently really puzzled by all this! If it's wrong can comeone put me right in a simple to understand way (I really am that clueless!!!)

2. topboss

topboss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one at all? :lease:

3. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Everything looks fine and will give you the best possible picture. The only thing that might make you change your mind is if you are planning on buying long runs of expensive cables and wall mounting your plasma. If so you will need one long VGA & one long component cable.

Instead you could buy an RGB to component converter and connect both the Sky+ box and DVD player to the component inputs on the AV3805 and run just one long lead from the AV Amp to the Plasma. The component connection may give a very slightly worse picture than the VGA Converter (if you can tell the difference) but you will get the advantage of video switching and only one lead. It will also allow you to connect another component source in the future via the amp without the need for another board.

The choice is yours depending on your circumstances and either method will give a great picture.