1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I found the service menu for a LG 42PZ17?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mikeblanche, Apr 28, 2003.

1. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With my new One-for-all 6 remote I've been trying to find the discrete remote codes for my LG 42PZ17 so I can set up macros to switch to the right input automatically.

I couldn't find these, but anyway...

Using code 0056 (a LG TV code downloadable from the OFA web site if you don't have it in your remote already) I went through from <magic>000 to 255 and found some weird things.

009 - ARC (16:9/zoom/4:3)
    012 - set the contrast to 25 and reset other brightness/sharpness settings - some kind of factory reset?
    014 - SERVICE MENU??? SEE BELOW!
    015 - powered off TV (wasn't a power-on/power-off though)
    something around 018 or 019 locked up the screen necessitating pulling the power on it
    040 - PSM (dynamic/mild/user)
    053 - power on/off
    054 - sleep
    057 - mute
    059 - input select
    077 - input select
    164 - displayed the input in the top right (e.g. component) and the ARC (e.g. 16:9) in the bottom right
    167 - menu
    170 - SSM (speech/movie/etc)
    171 - menu
    183 - vol+
    187 - vol-
    200 - still
    251 - display status as 164
    253 - input select

When pressing 014 I got a menu in the top left with the following in a column:

H/RUN
    A-CUT
    R-CUT
    G-CUT
    B-CUT
    R-GAIN
    G-GAIN
    B-GAIN

and some numbers in the second column. I'm guessing this is some kind of calibration/service menu? I didn't mess with anything because I don't want to kill my plasma! Can anyone who knows more than I do confirm...?

Mike

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Mine desperately needs the Horizontal Position adjusted to the right. If it works let me know.