Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Have I done well or .....

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Steve Ambrose, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Steve Ambrose

Steve Ambrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have been reading this forum for some time researching my first camcorder purchase. Off to work in Africa.

Anyway I decided after much reading to buy a Panasonic NVGS400. Looking for the best price on line I found one in the States for less than £600.00 and a Pal version at that. Get the sister-in-law to send it. I then found a rather worrying site that was full of complaints regarding this range and noise coming from poor fitting of the tape mechanism. Too many to be a one off. I was a bit stumped.

Walking through town I saw the local Plumbs Sony Centre had a sale on and saw a Sony TRV50E on sale for £299.00.

I went home and googled a review or two and went back to the shop amd got it for £275.00 all boxed up and brand new.

At first I was quite elated thinking well it might not be the latest but for the price its got to be a steal. Now however I am having doubts thinking maybe I could have picked up a more featured budget camera for about the same money.

Anyone out there who can reasure me :thumbsup: or :lesson:

cheers

Steve Ambrose

2. Timse1981

Timse1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Administrators,

When are you going to put the a review of the Panasonic NV-GS400 on the website. Ive looked at your review archive but I cant find it.

Thanks

Tim