• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Have I done OK with this deal???

DrMekon

Been scouring the country all day, on the phone, in search of the Yamaha 2600 without joy, then actually found one in my local store of Phase3 a mile up the road, the box still had its packaging straps on!!!

Rushed up there and bought it..!!

Now, I had demo'd both the Wharfedale 9.1s 5.1 package, and the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 in Sevenoaks @ £750, but decided to ask in Phase3 if they had anything that would compete....

He showed me an ex-demo JMLab setup consisting of the 714s (floorstanders), 705s (Bookshelfs), CC70 )Centre) and the Cub 2 (Sub).. which retailed at £1150.

I inspected them very carefully, and they were visually defect free, and the sound, well, it just blew me away!!! Put the other 2 setups to shame, and I only tested the 714s!!! The sound was clean, crisp, and base was clear and distinctive....

and the price, a mere £800 with speaker cabling thrown in, and I still get the 5 year warranty..!!

BARGAIN - I thought!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom