Have I bricked my iPhone XS?

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Tried to change one of the settings in my iCab web browser this morning on my iPhone XS, I'm now getting a permanent black screen with a spinning wheel. Holdingthe power button and volume down buttons simultaneously doesn't do anything at all. Neither does plugging the phone into itunes. Have I bricked it? Luckily the phone is still under warranty but i would prefer to avoid the hassle of sending/taking it to Apple if i can somehow fix this myself. Everything is backed up. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Pheeeeew! managed to get this sorted. Used some unknown software called 'iMyFone Fixppo' to force the phone to enter Recovery Mode and then come out of Recovery mode. Phone then re-started ok. However.....trying to open iCab browser again caused the same issue (black screen + spinning wheel) so used the software again to force recovery mode. But this time when the phone restarted, i've done a complete erase & reset. Close call....pheeeeew!

What’s icab browser? I’d suggest not using it again if your going to have the same problem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom