Have I bought the wrong RAM...help !!

The Dark Horse

Hi all

I've bought 4gb memory for my white 13" macbook (2.1MHz) from Crucial. Not realising that Crucial had a scanner to assist with buying I bought what I thought was the correct memory -

2 x 2GB 200 PIN SODIMM 256MX64 DDR2 PC2-5300 DUAL DIE (part no CT25664AC667)

I have since used the scanner from Crucial on my Macbook and its recommending something else -

2 x 2GB 200 PIN SODIMM DDR2 PC2-5300 (part no CT791300)

I've not tried fitting it in case it knackers it. Will the one I bought work or have I bought the wrong one?

Help please !!!

Steven

Senior Moderator
No you haven't bought the wrong one

In fact, both of the part numbers give you the same ram to buy on the Crucial site

The different part numbers is probably because they are branding it as for Macbook, when in reality any notebook ram module using DDR2 5300 667mhz will do. I bought mine from play.com as its cheaper than Crucial online

The Dark Horse

No you haven't bought the wrong one

In fact, both of the part numbers give you the same ram to buy on the Crucial site

The different part numbers is probably because they are branding it as for Macbook, when in reality any notebook ram module using DDR2 5300 667mhz will do. I bought mine from play.com as its cheaper than Crucial online
Really....phew !!

So why does the one I bought say 256MX64 DUAL DIE in the title and the one they recommend doesn't?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom