Question Have I been sold a counterfeit game?

tvtyke

Established Member
Reaction score
With both my boys packed off to University, the house was suddenly devoid of any gaming kit, so I picked up an Xbox One for peanuts for the occasional blast of COD, FIFA etc. Needed a deep clean but works fine, playing a couple of downloaded games with no issues. However the copy of Destiny I bought on eBay will not load. Bluray & DVD movies play ok. The disc has no scratches or marks & seems to have all the relevant holograms etc. On closer inspection, though, the hologram of ‘XBOX ONE’ that’s repeated four times around the inner ring of the disc has an oddity - the letter ‘N’ in the word ‘ONE’ is back to front. Is this normal, or have I been sold a dud? Bit of a moot point, as I only paid a couple of quid, but I’m just curious why someone would go to all the trouble of printing discs with holograms with a deliberate typo!! Cheers

Not sure about your game as I don’t have any physical discs to compare it to, but just for info in case you weren’t aware that Destiny 2 is free to play, so you’ll at least be able to play some of it without paying. Have a look here Bungie.net

I have an original Destiny disc and a collection one both of which look like they have Xbox One correctly round the inner ring.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom