Have I been lucky?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sue_hall, Oct 4, 2005.

1. sue_hall

sue_hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Hi good forum readers,

I had sky+ installed as there was a staff deal which was too good to pass up. Reading through the forums, I noticed not everyone got the same sky box and that some of them were quite noisy so I was a bit concerned they were going to give me a naff one.

It was installed on Sunday while I was at work and when I got home I checked the box they had given.

It appears to be a Thompson and seems to be fairly quiet. It doesn't though seem to be the quickest box in the world for changing menus etc so I was going to call sky and ask for a new pace one which people seem to like.

However...

Reading through the manual for the box it says that it has a 160GB hard disk!

Does this mean that I've been given a sky+ 160 box?

If so I think I'll probably keep it as knowing my luck, they'll swap it but I'll end up with a standard one.

Anyone any ideas?

Rob n Sue

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Yes, AFAIK the only Sky+ box Thomson make at the moment (or have made in the past) is the Sky+160.

3. sue_hall

sue_hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Thanks Mike

Sue n Rob

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sue_hall, unless the box has 160 in large letters on the front, you'll find that you in fact have a Thomson Sky+ PVR3, which in common with all other V3 boxes has a 160GB HD but has half of it reserved for future use by Sky and the other half for your use, leaving you with 80GB to record on to... still twice as big as the V1 and V2 though :)