• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Have I been lucky?

hi robb

Distinguished Member
Hi good forum readers,

I had sky+ installed as there was a staff deal which was too good to pass up. Reading through the forums, I noticed not everyone got the same sky box and that some of them were quite noisy so I was a bit concerned they were going to give me a naff one.

It was installed on Sunday while I was at work and when I got home I checked the box they had given.

It appears to be a Thompson and seems to be fairly quiet. It doesn't though seem to be the quickest box in the world for changing menus etc so I was going to call sky and ask for a new pace one which people seem to like.

However...

Reading through the manual for the box it says that it has a 160GB hard disk!

Does this mean that I've been given a sky+ 160 box?

If so I think I'll probably keep it as knowing my luck, they'll swap it but I'll end up with a standard one.

Anyone any ideas?

Rob n Sue

rct

sue_hall, unless the box has 160 in large letters on the front, you'll find that you in fact have a Thomson Sky+ PVR3, which in common with all other V3 boxes has a 160GB HD but has half of it reserved for future use by Sky and the other half for your use, leaving you with 80GB to record on to... still twice as big as the V1 and V2 though :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom