Have I Been Conned With My New Dvd Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bigjonnyauk, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI ALL

i ordered a jvc drm10 from in town the other day as it was on special but when i went down to collect it it was a different model i was told the only difference is this one is exact same as dmr10(which it is ) apart from it has no dv input at front

the man said up to you take it and see what you think if youre not happy then you can bring it back for a full refund no probs

i installed it and must say it is very good and i am happy with it

but i just have this bug bear about its age and origin i feel it is an older model or maybe even from abroad and is actually a drm10 but with a different model number like they do in some countries

i searched the net and have only found one site which confirms the difference other than that i can find nothing not even on the jvc website have also emailed them but no reply yet

so if any of you guys can help us out would be great cuz if this player is like well old then it will go back and ill get a refund

the model i got is dmr-7s or drm-7s lol

2. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    well 163 veiws and no replies can anyone give me some insight please

3. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'm afraid it's not really very clear what you are asking us. You need to be exact about which model number you actually have, for a start.

4. mannyribera

mannyribera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate,
    Looking at some net pictures of both your dr-m7 and the dr-m10 it looks like dr-m7 has one less button on the front of the unit too. I think the sat buttons missing on the dr-m7 - dunno for sure. Also doing a google on the m7 does bring up mainly foreign language sites which could indicate its an import - but thats only me speculating. I'd wait to see what jvc tell you (if your lucky enough to get a reply). One thing they wont tell you is about the firmware, a stab in the dark would tell me the dr-m10 wasn't brought out exactly the same as the dr-7 but with dv, it probably had a firmware update not only to make it dv compatible but to iron out any reported glitches.

A quick question too - you say it looks the same but without the dv socket on the front. But it's got the pull down flap on the front with the s-video and composite connectors right?

5. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    manny it has the same amount of buttons on the front it is apparentley the same as the drm10 in everyway apart from dv input yes i do have the flap that pulls down which gives me the composite and svideo input for my camcorder

just bugging me if i have been ripped of with an inferior older model

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have never heard of a DMR-7........ it might be a newer, cut down cheaper model the DMR-10 is ideal if you dont need an RGB input....(Disc support is great as is flexability)

7. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i have to say hornydragon on first impressions it seems very very good the timeslip works great it is queit seems to read all discs even though it does not have rgb input the quality of the recording off my ntl box is excellent at xp mode well above video mode in sp then around video or just above in lp it is strange as when i veiw the recording it almost seems as if it has been cleaned up

maybe i am worrying over nothing i have actually found one place in uk selling it online and even he says its same a drm10 but with no dv input

anyone else have any input am i the only forumite with this player lol grooovy man

here is link http://www.petertyson.co.uk/jvcdrm10.shtml?dealtimecpc

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    guess it depends how much you paid? if over £170 the i wouldnt be happy....

9. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I was just looking at http://www.petertyson.co.uk/jvcdrm10.shtml 's picture of the drm7 unit and there's definitely 1 less button than the dr-m10. Yours must be different drm7 to that pic I guess.

10. mannyribera

mannyribera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, that was the one I was looking at.

11. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i rang that tyson place and asked him lol he said that it is the same as a drm10 in every other way apart from the dv input and also they are european models mainly from france

i didnt pay more than 170 and have been well impressed with it seems to do exactley what i want apart from one thing

when playing a dvd how do you zoom on it lol

12. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think your kidding yourself a bit mate. I'm not saying you've been ripped off but it's clearly 1 button short. I mean what do you expect tyson to say? of course he's going to say its exactly the same - he has a list of features for both and they're the same so as far as he's concerned its the same, after all he's a salesman. The firmware bound to be different but he wouldn't know/confess that. Cosmetically speaking though it is slightly different. Also the remote, although similar is a different model too, I can confirm that as I have a drm10.

13. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    @ok shakur here are the buttons i have on front of my unit

in fact this is a pic of a drm 10 off web and i have printied off and matched buttons to mine and none are missing also the remote is the same remote has number on it of rmsdr008e strange can you confirm buttons on yours i can still take this back and ram it up them if they are conning me

[​IMG]

14. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    ah the plot thickens just done a varied google search and came up with a link for jvc it seems this unit usually comes as part of a home cinema package so i typed the package name in google and came up with a few links take a look but my remote is different think i may need to have words with them

but is it that easy i really like the player and it picture quality is excellent recording wise even though its not rgb input ?

http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.php?xProd=724&xSec=47

and i checked out the receiver and a few places do it on its own for 99 quid

15. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If yours is like that pic then great, I was going by tyson's pic - so I haven't a clue what model that is. I wouldn't bother having words with them about the remote, the rm-sdr008e u got is same one I had with my drm10 and by the looks of it is a more equipped remote. So unless you have /or plan to get a dv camcorder I think its fine. Although one final point - there seems to be many a drm10's sold on French sites at the mo', so if the m7's are just our European neighbours equivalent then it's possible they've started to phase out the older models and if so why. Unless your a real perfectionist I wouldn't worry about it mate.