Have CCTV System at Home need help with re installing two rear camera`s ?

Carmine01

Novice Member
Hello to you all on this Great Forum and site.

I have a CCTV ZXTech System for my Home Property with built in Hard drive and 4 External Cameras all analogue bullet cameras which are 1080p Resolution.

Its been working fine for a couple of years but recently two rear cameras stopped working so found out it wasn`t faulty cameras but cables RG59 cables running to rear two cameras, they both long runs each about 35 metres long. Someone fitted it for me a couple of years ago but just ran cables though drainage gullies at side and rear of property etc so they to open to the elements, although some of there run they ran through plastic ducting, so didn`t have strong enough power to run rear camera. I know this now because have bought two new rolls of RG59 Cables with connectors already fitted just under 40 metres cab, have tested loosley with existing cameras and all is well.

Two front cameras have been perfect and they run all indoors and under 15 metre run.

Would like advice on how to protect new cables, run them in ducting or tubes etc any advice would be most grateful and much appreciated as I would like to run them covered and away from the elements ?

Many Thanks

Carmine01

Carmine01

Novice Member
this is wall where cctv RG59 cables come out then run under Gullies

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_153623.jpg
    IMG_20211031_153623.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 34

Carmine01

Novice Member
This is part of the run I can post other photos if that helps please let me know Please ??

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_153650.jpg
    IMG_20211031_153650.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211031_153707.jpg
    IMG_20211031_153707.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 25

Carmine01

Novice Member
Urgent advice needed as I dont want to buy cable management that will not protect RG59 cables from rain snow frost etc. I can post more photos or where i would like to run cables safely, please advise ??

oneman

You can get cable capping at various shops. You should be able to paint over it to blend it in.

Carmine01

Novice Member
This is cable guard, it basically screws / nailed over the cable any provides a degree of weather and UV protection.

I want to run 2x lots of RG59 Cables already fitted with connectors for cctv cameras so think your options wont be wide enough, I was thinking of trying this 25mm wide

Attachments

• screwfix x1.jpg
    screwfix x1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 13

oneman

I want to run 2x lots of RG59 Cables already fitted with connectors for cctv cameras so think your options wont be wide enough, I was thinking of trying this 25mm wide
You install the cable first and then screw the cable guard over the top. There are various sizes available but I would have thought 25mm would be wide enough for 2 cables

Carmine01

Novice Member
OKay i get that but what about bends as this is some of run against wall to where i want cameras at rear of house IMG_20211031_153650.jpgIMG_20211031_153707.jpg

Markr123

@Carmine01 Not quite sure why this is such a challenge. Surely just some appropriate sized conduit and matching connectors to tackle bend/corners from the likes of B&Q or screwfix would sort this?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom