Have Bowers and Wilkins Changed The Finish on the 600 Series

jameswtaylor

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Hope everyone is well?

I have just taken delivery on a brand new ASW 610 Subwoofer for my home theatre system. This is to join another ASW 610 I already own and use in the system bought around 2008.
One small catch! It has a different finish to all my other speaker’s (inc 683, 602 and HTM61) All of my previous speakers are in the "Black Ash" finish, a vinyl fake wood appearance. This new sub has a smooth black finish:confused:

Have Bowers & Wilkins changed their finish?

Thanks in advance.

James

Point taken.
Take it you can't comment on the above though?

Why thanks in advance? you should come back to thank those who have taken the time to help you.

I wouldn't make the assumption that just because he said thanks in advance that he wouldn't again. I often finish a thread with something to that effect and would of course come back and show my gratitude to those that helped me.

The ASW 610 used to be available in Black Ash, Cherry, Oak, Wedge and soft touch matt black.

It's now only available in Soft Touch Matt Black. It's the same colour an texture all over as the front baffles on all other 600 series speakers.

I wanted a cherry 610 but was told it was Soft Touch Black or nothing now. Very impressed with the sub but would have rather had it matching my other speakers.

Cheers
Lee

Thanks Logiclee, the exact kind of answer I hoped for :smashin:

After solidamber's helpful post I sent B&W an email which they responded to very quickly:

The 600 Series initially had four colours of vinyl-wrap simulated veneer, Black Ash, Red Cherry, Light Oak and Wenge, of which the Light Oak and Wenge finishes were officially discontinued in July 2009.

Due to ongoing supply issues in the economic climate of 2009, this left us no other choice but to withdraw both these finishes.

Nice to see that forums still work for "Lay People" ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom