have any DVD recorders +HDD got component output

SNICK

Just wondered, whether any of the current crop of DVD recorders with a built in Hard drive, or new machines on the way from panasonic/JVC have component outputs, rather than just RGB or S-video.

thanks

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
any of the current crop of DVD recorders with a built in Hard drive, or new machines on the way from panasonic/JVC have component outputs
Yes - most of them ;) The new Panasonic models do (all of them bar the E75), the JVC models do, the Pioneer 5100 does, the new Sharp model does and the Sony RX8/10 does. I think the E100 does as well although you'd better check that.

nunew33

Standard Member
The new sharo one does as well according to www.recorders4u.com and is on sale at empire direct (cant find a UK site with details though)

R

RBOYLES

does any one out there know of a dvd recorder on the market with a hard drive,and also controls the digibox so you can record one sky program while watching another at the same time.:clap:

B

bobbles

no

the stadard sky box only has 1 tuner

you need sky+ to do what you want to do

or 2 standard sky boxes

B

billygoat

Originally posted by Confucius
I don't know about the others, but certainly the component outputs on the E85 & E95 from Panasonic are PAL/NTSC Progressive too.
Quite an important question for me: is the Progressive Scan chipset any good in these models. I really need a good PS player, but would consider going down the recorder route as well.

Philbill

Standard Member
Would the component out of the E85 be able to feed a TV picture to a projector directly or through an Denon AV3803 Amp? I am thinking of getting one partly for this reason, however I have also read that people do not rate the Tuner very highly.
Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom