Have Any DVD Recorders got a Digital Audio Input?

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi All,

My Panasonic DMR-E100 with HDD has no facility to record incoming Digital Audio, such as Dolby Digital, do any other makes have this facility?

I was archiving some stuff off my Sky+ Box which has an Optical Digital Audio Out, but I have no way of using this, is there a way?

It seems a shame to be relegated back to Dolby Pro Logic,

Thanks in advance for any replies

SDM 197

HMHB

Distinguished Member
There are no current recorders that will record a dolby digital signal, I get the feeling that this might never happen :(

sdm197

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies,

I was going to go out and buy one straight away, however looked on Amazon and it seems to be very unreliable:(

Mmmm looks like I will have to wait till they get these probs sorted out, or wait for another manufacturer to bring one out, I'm not going to hold my breath though:eek:

Its strange because I would have thought it was a facility many people would have wanted.

Cheers

SDM197

knotpc

Novice Member
ivanwilson said:
But it can ONLY play the 5.1 audio it records back in that machine, it will not be recognised by any other DVD player, which renders it a waste of time for most people!

Regards
knotpc

ivanwilson

Standard Member
knotpc said:
But it can ONLY play the 5.1 audio it records back in that machine, it will not be recognised by any other DVD player, which renders it a waste of time for most people!

Regards
knotpc
Personally it would be perfect for me, copying from Sky+ to free up space and keeping 5.1 soundtrack. I would only be playing it back on the same recorder which would be connected to my home cinema. I guess there may be some way of modifying the audio stream on a PC to make compatible with other players.

As SDM says though there seems to be the reliability issue which is a pity.

The other feature I would like and is missing from this machine is HDMI.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
As there seem to have been reliability issues with just about every model of Philips DVD recorders I tend to discount them from any recommendations ;)

Top Bottom