Have a 55" LG OLED B7, worth upgrading?

Amorris

I've got the itch....

Currently have an LG 55" OLED B7, thinking about upgrading and getting a 65" and putting our 55" upstairs.

Is it a good time to upgrade though? Not been following latest TV tech and know from experience sometimes it's worth waiting for a particular standard or feature. As I don't mind waiting.

Budget of around 2k

JamesP1701

I went from a 55 inch B7 to a 65 C8. Picture wise, I couldn't see a difference, but for me, the size difference made a huge difference and was worth it!

Dodgexander

Is it a good time to upgrade though? Not been following latest TV tech and know from experience sometimes it's worth waiting for a particular standard or feature. As I don't mind waiting.
In the respect of advancements in OLED technology, not really. But if you get a good price you can't really argue since the newer models will be more expensive. Especially until Q3 Q4 sales.

Worth reading about the new technologies next years premium OLEDs will bring, making them both brighter and more durable.

Amorris

In the respect of advancements in OLED technology, not really. But if you get a good price you can't really argue since the newer models will be more expensive. Especially until Q3 Q4 sales.

Worth reading about the new technologies next years premium OLEDs will bring, making them both brighter and more durable.

Thanks mate, so reckon it's just worth waiting till next year for premium OLEDs?

As I said I'm not in a rush and wouldnt want to drop 2k and have a relatively big jump in tech the following year. I know year to year things always move on but my experience with TVs is they tend to release something more significant every 3-5 odd years.

Dodgexander

Yup, the new revision of TVs this year is looking to be one of those years. If you can wait probably a good idea to check out reviews of the newer models coming out soon, and thinking about buying around Black Friday or later, depending on sales.

MIKEB17

I am in the same boat, have a 55 B7, fancy a 65, right now I'd plump for the 65 GX but my 'happy' ceiling is £1499 so a fair way to go, will see what the new releases offer and go from there

thetowerlibrary

Novice Member
Personally, I had an LG 55B7 and upgraded to a LG 55C9. I mainly upgraded for the lower input lag for gaming 13 ms vs 21ms and HDMI 2.1 for 120HZ gaming.

In terms of picture quality, I think the C9 resolves some near black detail slightly better than the B7 but it's very slight to me. I don't see a difference in pretty much anything else. So if you're not a gamer I wouldn't really recommend the upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom