1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hauppage PVR350

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by steevs, Oct 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi

I purchased a Hauppage PVR - 350 card last week but I am having a few problems with set up, I'm trying to connect sky+ to it using s-video but because of this there is no audio, I am also the running the creative audigy 2 Platinum Ex soundcard so I have connected the sky+ box to that using phono leads and while there is audio when watching tv, there is none when I use the record function. I have found the only way I can get audio when recording is to connect sky directly to the Pvr card using a 2 phono to headphone jack into the line in but in connecting this way the audio is not of a very high quality, is there any way I can connect digitaly via my Sound Card?

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. midlandswarrior

midlandswarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as far as i am aware no but thats only from my experience wiith the pvr250

from what i rememer the encoding is done directly on the card so the source audio is needed as a direct input to the pvr card along with the video