1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hauppage PVR150 Retail, which drivers with MCE 2005?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zAndy1, Jan 27, 2005.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,932
    Hi all,
    Another pre-build question... I ordered what I thought was the PVR150MCE from Savastore but it would appear to be a PVR150 Retail version now it's arrived. Can I use the drivers provided with that card on MCE 2005 or should I use different ones e.g. drivers for the PVR150MCE card? Anyone using the PVR150 retail with MCE 2005, which are the best drivers please?
    Is it these:-

http://www.hauppage.com/pages/support/support_mce.html and on that page the WinTV-PVR-USB2 Media Center Driver i.e.
    http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/pvrusb2/pvrusb2_22_22295.zip ?

I knew this wasn't going to be straightforward....

Cheers,
    Andy.

2. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    If you have problems with the ones that came with the card (and you probably will), try downloading the ones you mention. You'll probably get an error if trying to use the MCE specific drivers as there are differences between the PVRxxxMCE and PVRxxx cards.

There should be a retail version inside the zip package that works. Not sure the exact name, but it didn't have MCE in the name in the zip package. I tried to re-install the driver via the device manager and pointed it to each version in the zip until one worked. Only thing is I have a PVR250, but hopefully you'll be ok with the 150 version.

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,932
    Thanks, I figured that page wasn't purely for the MCE versions of the cards, but drivers for MCE2005 whichever version of card you have.

Cheers,
    Andy.

4. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I run the retail PVR150 with MCE and the MCE drivers.