Hauppage DVB card, Any Good?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Cam, May 7, 2002.

1. Cam

Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen how these cards perform?
    How would they compare to say a Panasonic STB?

Cam

2. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant get SkyD on the Hauppage, many people seem to buy them thinking you can (look at the returns desk at your local PC World, they normally have one or two there)... if you already know this then forget what I have said.

However because of this fact it is quite hard to compare them to the Panasonic STB as we know it in the UK.

Regards

Der Pobman

3. Cam

Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Der Pobman,
    I was not sure if the add on cardreader supported SkyD, if it doesn't I am not interested. I am sure I saw an advert on a website for a PCI card that would allow SkyD. Any ideas?

Cam

4. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very unlikely such a conditional access module exists. However some Italien providers are not using the same encryption as SkyD. So perhaps one day a CA module will be released. However even then there is no guarentee SkyD would marry your card to the module.

So all in all its highly unlikely there will ever be a way to see SkyD with a PC card.

You can get the FTA channels from Astra28.2 (Sky News, QVC and a few others). However note this does not include the FTV channels!!!

Regards

Der Pobman