1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has your Panasonic DMR-E85H ever locked up?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MTT1960, Nov 4, 2004.

1. MTT1960

MTT1960

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My unit has locked up twice already! The last time I ejected a DVD while the unit was off and I noticed I could not change the channels or control the unit when it turned on (to eject the disk). The unit would turn off from the remote or power button...but I could not change the channel and the recorder did not start an automatic record on the hour!

The fix was to unplug the unit and have it reset....but I seemed to have lost all
    TV Guide Onscreen data. Not good. My unit was manufactured in April 2004 and this is my 3rd one!

Panasonic's support line isn't too helpful and their email response is even worse!
    You think we are all Beta testers and they are working on a new improved version of firmware...and that some day we will have access to it?

Michael

2. GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If you are already on your 3rd machine you probably know they aren't the most robust of models, more of a consumer product than a heavy duty recorder. They seem to fall down, like computers in general, compared to the mechanical video player they replace. Yes, my first one went back too after locking up (for good). I'm happy with the replacement which has worked OK to date. If its not working properly all you can do is return it under the warranty... Good luck, maybe it will be fourth time lucky!!