• No will still be voting Red

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other Party or not going to bother to vote

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters

kopchoir

Ex Member
Reaction score
Read yesterday that good ol gordon has gained massive ground in the opinion polls and with headlines yesterday (see peckers thread) of Gb saving the world has anyones opinions changed of who they would be voting for if there was an imminent election just curious really they do say a week is a long time in politics
Kop

Last edited:
Last edited:
The poll result so far says it all - no one is changing their minds here, probably because most people who post at these threads are not swing voters.

But it's the swing voters who'll decide the next election, as it does every time.

Steve W

IMHO they're all as bad as each other. Liars and cheats, the lot of them.

The poll result so far says it all - no one is changing their minds here, probably because most people who post at these threads are not swing voters.

But it's the swing voters who'll decide the next election, as it does every time.

Steve W
I'm not sure how you know whether someone is a swing voter or not from the above. So far I've voted Conservative till Maggie brought in the poll tax, then switched to Liberal as a result, then voted Labour in '97 (to get the tories out), and since then have usually voted UKIP.

I'll probably vote Conservative in the next election for no other reason than I think Labour has been in too long and doesn't listen. Once the Conservatives are back in I imagine they will start off fine and then might balls it up so by the election after it's possible I'll switch to whoever is making the right noises at the time or perhaps UKIP again.

I never vote anyone, IMO they are all as bad as each other.

We are doomed either way.

what choice do we have, none

democracy's a con

Gordo who is an ok guy has proved is incompetence with record borrowing at a time of very high employment and the highest revenue in taxation ...

Dave is the worst kind of slimey U turning, i will say anything to get votes politician ...

barring some apocolyptical act by Labour

i will vote labour always have always will.

the economy might be in a bit of mess at the mo but it's certainly not down to Gordon and he's doing a job to try and get us out of it.

i remember the state the tories left this country in mines closed ship works closed steel works closed millions out of work which contributed to whole communities being made unemployed even the Nazi's didnt do as much damage, the rich got richer and the poor got ignored.

you only have to walk around some council estates to witness the tory legacy

and that is exactly what cameron and the rest of his muppets will do again. a leopard doesnt change its spots no matter how many sound bites you bring up

( Dazza climbs down off soapbox ):D

the economy might be in a bit of mess at the mo but it's certainly not down to Gordon and he's doing a job to try and get us out of it.

i remember the state the tories left this country in mines closed ship works closed steel works closed millions out of work which contributed to whole communities being made unemployed even the Nazi's didnt do as much damage, the rich got richer and the poor got ignored.

and that is exactly what cameron and the rest of his muppets will do again. a leopard doesnt change its spots no matter how many sound bites you bring up

slightly inaccurate view, when the Tories left the economy was healthy and growing well which it continued to do so until recent events.

I am no tory fan boy, nore am i a labour fan boy, they both have good and insane policys, the miners and other unions needed crushing, totally out of control, i remember the power strikes in the 70s, every time a union wanted a new tea break or money the country comes out on strike. Shipping was doomed no matter who was in power, in the same way we cant compete with the wages of children in india and china to make our clothes and shoes.

Just a shame they didnt break the london underground union that shower still strike every time they want some ridiculous thing (try living in the real world like the rest of us) or england are playing ...

and i cant wait to see how we are expected to pay for this trillion pound bank bail out of Gordo, even more record high taxation i bet ...

Last edited:
I never vote anyone, IMO they are all as bad as each other.

We are doomed either way.

IMHO they're all as bad as each other. Liars and cheats, the lot of them.

My sentiments exactly. Don't think much would change if red or blue took charge!

Ooh - I'm a swing voter :devil:

Was 17 at the last election. Raised in the NW so traditionally Labour but I very much have in mind the Iraq war, NHS funding, Gordon Brown and their failed education policies. On the flip side I am worried about the lack of real policies from Dave and the fact they are Government-by-default

No party loyalties here. People who vote that way are just as bad as people who do not vote. At this point I swiftly exit

Thanks

I'm starting to look very favourably towards the Lib. Dems. simply because of Vince Cable.

Cheers
Moosh

My sentiments exactly. Don't think much would change if red or blue took charge!
Would you like a dictatorship?

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. (Nov. 11, 1947)
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

The remark was made after he had lost power.

I'm in the 'not going to bother' category unfortunately. Labour always gets landslide results around here, my vote will make about 0.00001% difference, so I can't be bothered.

But I don't want to vote for any of them really, they're all as bad as each other, and whoever gets into power won't change the fundamental problems with the country.

Would you like a dictatorship?

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. (Nov. 11, 1947)
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

The remark was made after he had lost power.

What they need to do is get rid of all the boundary's and have proportional representation, then every vote counts, sure you wont get a majority but i don't care, i would make all votes a free vote then you have more chance of common sense and the sensible middle ground taking place. They would be forced to work together.

This is not a democracy. I will not vote.

Congratulations on exercising your democratic right not to vote. Moving on...

Now that GB is "Saving the World" (TM) can someone explain exactly where he is borrowing this world saving money from? Is it from me,you and everyone else? If it is then I guess we are the saviours. It is a brave gamble but didn't stop the idiots in the city from doing impressions of headless chickens. The american announcement the next day did that.

It doesn't change my issues with this government, it just confirms that over the last 10 years Labour have systematically torn this country apart.

I'm starting to look very favourably towards the Lib. Dems. simply because of Vince Cable.
Have been a big fan of his ever since he took over from Minge as caretaker leader, a shame he decided against running for the leadership (showed a lot of integrity and selflessness) and they brought in Nick Cameron-lite Forty-Shags Clegg.

I wouldn't be surprised if GB or DC have approached him to join them. Seeing as GB was putting together a govt of "all the talents" (regardless of party affiliation) when he took office VC could have made an excellent Chancellor.

same same...

people who think we will be better off under the tories are fools in my opinion!

And people who think other people are fools for not following the same party as them are ****ing idiots.

That was a nice democratic discussion.

Have been a big fan of his ever since he took over from Minge as caretaker leader, a shame he decided against running for the leadership (showed a lot of integrity and selflessness) and they brought in Nick Cameron-lite Forty-Shags Clegg.

I wouldn't be surprised if GB or DC have approached him to join them. Seeing as GB was putting together a govt of "all the talents" (regardless of party affiliation) when he took office VC could have made an excellent Chancellor.

The problem for Brown, if VC was Chancellor, would be the VC wouldn't be GB's "yes" man. VC would probably show how bad a Chancellor GB actually was.

And then you'd have a situation where the Labour party would want their Chancellor as their new leader. Not that they would ever do that... :D

Cheers
Moosh

And people who think other people are fools for not following the same party as them are ****ing idiots.

That was a nice democratic discussion.

At least he managed without the need for profanity and of the two I know which I prefer

slightly inaccurate view, when the Tories left the economy was healthy and growing well which it continued to do so until recent events.

I am no tory fan boy, nore am i a labour fan boy, they both have good and insane policys, the miners and other unions needed crushing, totally out of control, i remember the power strikes in the 70s, every time a union wanted a new tea break or money the country comes out on strike. Shipping was doomed no matter who was in power, in the same way we cant compete with the wages of children in india and china to make our clothes and shoes.

Just a shame they didnt break the london underground union that shower still strike every time they want some ridiculous thing...

yes i will admit the unions have made it terrible for every worker

they have constantly fought for

wanting to be paid fairly
minimum wage
maternity pay
sick pay
holiday pay
lunch breaks
better Health & Safety

i could go on

Also i know it was a flippant remark but could you point me to where a union has called for a strike to get a new tea break and god forbid people should want to be paid more for their job

also do you think it is now right that since the tories strangled the unions that UK textile workers lost their jobs to 10 year old indian and vietnamese children working in sweat shops for $1 a week

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom