1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this ever happened to anyone

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dfield2000, Aug 13, 2003.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just thought I'd share this experience with you...

I managed to get 'Evil Dead - Book of the Dead limited Edition' (the one with the rubber fronted box) on Saturday from Game for only £10.40 in the sale. I was picking some films that I wanted for my birthday, so that my wife could wrap them up and give them to me on Monday. She took it to the counter and the guy took about ten minutes going through all the draws at the back of the counter and putting things into the dvd case. I thought that there must be loads of inserts and pull outs etc because he took ages.

On Monday I unwrapped the box - inside, all I had was two identical booklets, and no dvd ! I phoned Game, who said that they would look for the disk and phone back. When he phoned back he said that they had found a disk, but it belonged to the last case that they had on the shelf. It sounded like he was going to try tell me that they didn't have a disk for me, so I got a bit stroppy and so he eventually said that if I came in he would give me another one. Needless to say when I got there the guy I spoke to had gone so I had to go through the whole thing again with another sales guy. They read the staff number from the receipt and said that the guy who served me was new and they had to have a word with him about another matter already.

Either he couldn't find the disk, so instead of saying anything he just chucked in an extra booklet, or he decided to pocket the disk himself. either way he is a cheeky git ! Lessons learnt - if you buy a box set from a shop which holds the disks behind the counter - make sure it is in the box before you leave the shop !

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Actually I did. I picked up a few DVDs from Game a couple of weeks back.

As it happened I checked them before leaving the shop and lo and behold, one of them was just the empty case.

Once I pointed it to him, he got me the disc and insert.

You know the saying: If you pay peanuts... ;)

3. mattruston

mattruston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quite the opposite once happened to me. There was 2 dvds in my case, unfortunately it was for the same film.

But i was a good boy and let them know.
    If it was a different film i might have pocketed it
    haha

4. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I sent my Terminator SE and Silence of the Lambs SE discs (4 discs in total) off to be replaced (see posts re dvd rot). Only got three discs back. They'd forgotte the Silence disc 2. Phoned them up and they were very nice and sorry saying they'd post the second disc immediately. :)

Bought a CD from our price once and it wasn't in the box when I got home. Luckily they found it in the machine (I'd asked to listen to it before buying) so there was no problem getting it the next day.

5. cheeseywang

cheeseywang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My wife bought Gosford Park (shrink wrapped) from WH Smith - that had two copies of the film in it.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,219
    I once got a DVD with the centre spindle for the DVD 2/3 was broken. I got it at game I took it back to an other branch they looked at the receipt but did not bother looking to see if the disc was in the box..