has there been enough experementing

machinehead

Novice Member
with HDMI.everytime one comes on the market the threads are littered with complaints.have the relative companies done their homework?,or has this just been rushed out for the disconserning public to do the experementing among themselves.denon,toshiba,oppo,there seems to be major issues with them all.it certainly doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence when my turn comes to by an HDMI player.or are we better waiting to the recorders have them.hmmm food for thought.

Nic Rhodes

I think it is the customers who are more in error. I have written about this subject for years now, warning people of the perrils but people seem to not want to use the search engine function here. These were predicted years ago. Something that is often forgotton is the HDMI testing labs......a huge jump forward from the the old 50Hz DVI issues. Sure many players need a tweak now and then but most are pretty good at getting there, some delive stable stuff early on. Well done Pioneer and Arcam. Others ignore customers, CA, Denon.....

Congrats on you 100 th post by the way.

Kalos Geros

machinehead said:
or are we better waiting to the recorders have them.hmmm food for thought.
You can get a bargain HDMI output recorder now in a shape of a Samsung DVD-R125...

machinehead

Novice Member
i also believe that there is also a philips model too.it's now a case of sorting out the "wheat from the chaff" in the next few months.it is an interesting devolpment as more and more models will appear.

Kalos Geros

I believe the Philips is at least twice the price of the Samsung...it my have some more pizzaz like motion interpolation (natural motion) which Sammy doesn't have though...

Top Bottom