Has the Windows Phone experience got any better?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by RetroGlide08, Feb 27, 2014.

1. RetroGlide08

RetroGlide08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    In September time last year I had a Lumia 920, and while I really really liked the build and quality of the phone itself AND the windows GUI layout I ended up really struggling with the lack of official apps. Facebook was a pain as I was getting no notifications along with the likes of twitter and also Instagram. I was coming from an Android background and with everything tied into Google, the likes of no official gmail or google maps etc was also a bit of a struggle. The whole notification side of things I found to be pretty dire. It could just have been me, I don't know?
    Subsequently, I ended up selling the phone and I'm now running an iPhone 5S. Although, I still really like the look of the 1020 and 1520 as the handsets are really well built.

Has the Windows Phone OS got any better with notifications, official app support etc?

2. scrowe

scrowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Probably worth waiting a few more weeks, as Windows Phone 8.1 will be out, it certainly adds a lot around notifications, and you should be able to investigate the current Apps situation on the online Windows Phone store, screens, reviews, etc. Instagram is out, Facebook is updated, but I can't see the Google situation improving, not that it affects me at all, I'm 100% happy with Outlook, Bing, etc.

I have the 1520, can fully recommend it, but I guess the rumoured 5" version in Europe when out (already launched exclusively in US) will suit more of the masses.