Has T-Mobile dropped tethering from Full Monty Plans

Reaction score
Without any announcement T-Mobile appears to have dropped tethering from the Full Monty plans. If you look here Pay Monthly Phone Tariff - T-Mobile & click on any of the Full Monty (Unlimited talk, texts & data on your phone) tariffs it states 'Excluding tethering' then if you click on the link for 'Still want tethering' you are taken back to the page of Monthly plans where the only deals that allow tethering are capped at 1.5GB.

Unlike Three's One Plan it was never available on the SIM-only version but was available when you bought a handset on contract. Presumably existing Full Monty subscribers are still permitted tethering.

One of their webpages still promises tethering so anyone who take out a Full Monty contract with handset has a good chance of getting out of the contract with a free handset if they try to retrospectively change the T&Cs. T-Mobile Full Monty tariff: Unlimited Everything on T-Mobile

I signed up last week to 12 month sim only full monty deal. The tethering (personal hot spot) is available and works on my iphone. I got a welcoming phone call from T-mobile I asked about tethering and he said they can not tell if you are tethering and said to carry on tethering if I wished

I was tempted to sign up to the full monty as offered a 4S for free then flog it to put towards the new iPhone, the tethering option was the only reason I liked it, but if it's dropped seems like a complete waste of money and an awful contract !!

Uncle Gadget said:
I was tempted to sign up to the full monty as offered a 4S for free then flog it to put towards the new iPhone, the tethering option was the only reason I liked it, but if it's dropped seems like a complete waste of money and an awful contract !!

That's exactly what I'd did recently, but with 3's One Plan.

I was on the One Plan anyway, but a rolling monthly tariff. 3 offered me a free 4S to switch a 2 year One Plan contract, so I flogged my i4 for £250 and will flog the 4S when the 5 comes out (which I'll buy SIM Free from Apple) and just stick my SIM in it.

I'm now paying £34 per month (instead of £25), so an extra £9 per month/£216 over the 2 years.

I'm really happy with 3 and figured I might as well, as I would probably be with them that length of time anyway.

I'm hoping to flog my 4S for circa £375 (I've also had it factory unlocked by 3) and put that with the £250 from my i4 sale and treat myself to maybe a 32 gig model (I've always had 16 gig iPhones), or maybe a 16 gig with some nice accessories.

Either way, it was a win win for me.

That's exactly what I'd did recently, but with 3's One Plan.
Me too. I switched from the One Plan SIM-only & got a 32GB iPhone for £149 then £36/month i.e. £11 extra. It not only worked out a lot cheaper than buying an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple but I didn't have to pay out £599 as a lump sum.

The Full Monty never did look as attractive as the One Plan because of T-Mobile throttling the speed & being more expensive but now without tethering it looks even more pathetic in comparison.

I tweeted T-Mobile this morning, and their initial reply by DM was that, tethering is allowed.

I followed back by asking again, and showing a screenshot. I got a reply saying that they will investigate and get back to me. They haven't yet.

the link in the first post is to a site that has nothing to do with T Mobile, I checked this last night whilst chatting to an online sales rep. I had too been interested in the deal until they dropped the tethering.

Azzin said:
SIM Only or a contract with a phone?

Sim only, took advantage of their £10 monthly discount offer.

Azzin said:
In the link that I posted.

I take that to mean tethering is not unlimited rather than not permitted.

Dazo said:
I take that to mean tethering is not unlimited rather than not permitted.

dce61dba.jpg

Yeah seen that mate and pretty sure it was like that when I ordered. As I said I took that to mean tethering is not unlimited. Regardless it works fine for me, although that could change fairly easily.

Just for the avoidance of doubt I am posted this tethered to my iPhone. :)

just tried mine (£35 a month iPhone 4 contract) and it still works

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom