Has something seemingly trivial totally put you off someone or do a complete U turn on your opinion of them?

After completing a 7 year renovation - [insert all tradesman here]

After completing a 7 year renovation - [insert all tradesman here]

Haha! I have to agree with that appraisal. After a few building projects on my previous house I came to the conclusion I couldn't really trust anyone.

Yup - thieving, lying, whining, rocking up with no materials ordered then declaring they'll be back in a week, but could they have some money?!

Need you on this job start to finish
yes mate
week 1 done
mid way through week 2 - cya in a month mate, got another job on

****s.

Yup - thieving, lying, whining, rocking up with no materials ordered then declaring they'll be back in a week, but could they have some money?!

Need you on this job start to finish
yes mate
week 1 done
mid way through week 2 - cya in a month mate, got another job on

****s.

Don't tell me that 7 year renovation was supposed to take two weeks ;)

The only experience I’ve had or time needed a builder was when we had new windows put in a few years ago. He was the cheapest of a few we looked at, left everything spotless when he finished and apologised he hadn’t spoke whilst him and his mate were working as his wife had passed away a week or so prior. He was only in his thirties but had to keep working before the funeral as he had young kids and needed the money.

We had a very close friend always inviting us to dinner and parties. We regularly went on holiday with him. I noticed people gradually stopped visiting him so I took more notice. He rarely visited anyone and expected us to come to him and got upset if we didn’t. He never took an interest or asked questions about anyone’s life unless he had a need for what they did. He tried to change the appearance and lifestyle of some if he didn’t approve and would bluntly tell them how they should live. The final straw was when he told his partner (who was subjected to all of this) not to visit for 2 months as his sister would be staying.
He is now very lonely and I probably should feel sorry for him. I don’t.

Drunkards in general, some people just shouldn't drink.
Ever.
Girlfriends boss swaying chain smoking at her doorway when I picked Mrs Rupert up. Have some self respect.
Brothers wife turns into an obnoxious big gob, a mate who becomes aggressive after a few, argumentative so,so.

yeah, the other week we stayed at an Airbnb cottage in masham - lovely place, was next to the chippy... and we chilled with the front door open so we could see what was going on, and some guy stood outside (waiting for the chippy) and smoking a tab and the smoke came the house...I was fuming..!

Do they hold that belief just for themselves or for other people too?

It seems to have become a very divisive subject, like mask wearing, but I don't think either will ever have universal accord.
They claim its not safe, same reason they haven't had their kids inoculated. Happy to smoke though. They have clinically vulnerable people in their family but they don't care about doing their bit to protect them.

How did you manage to keep a straight face?!
You gotta luv the Billy Bullshiners and their porkies...

A mate of mine said he knew a fella that used to eat everything with a spoon and when asked why he said 'since his SAS days he didn't trust himself with a knife.

Same lad reckoned he nodded off on the floor in Spain and when he woke up he had been carried down the corridor by a load of ants.

A mate of mine said he knew a fella that used to eat everything with a spoon and when asked why he said 'since his SAS days he didn't trust himself with a knife.

Same lad reckoned he nodded off on the floor in Spain and when he woke up he had been carried down the corridor by a load of ants.

A manager at my old place....

Was extremely good tennis player when younger, but he "just didn't fancy going pro"
Was so good at golf, he could "play it with a tennis racket"
Flew helicopters for the Navy Seals on a "freelance basis"
Has been shot "numerous times"
On first name terms with the head of the police and as such, "doesn't get any speeding fines"
Was a bodybuilder and was so big "couldn't walk through doorways"

I'm sure there were more, but it was a few years ago. As you can imagine, nobody took him seriously.

there was a guy like this at Uni...he was canny when there was just the 2 of us, but when there was a crowd he'd make up stuff to impress people, and because we studied at my home town (he was from down south) - most of our mates were primarily my mates (most not from uni) xo i had to tell them he was a bullsh*tter in case they thought i was party to his BS...

we studied programming and was mainly stuff like VB and SQL etc...and he did that on his placement, then told my mates he'd just got a new job writing games for games consoles (sony play station etc), and i was like...eh?!?

They claim its not safe, same reason they haven't had their kids inoculated. Happy to smoke though. They have clinically vulnerable people in their family but they don't care about doing their bit to protect them.
My parent's friends refused to have their children vaccinated for anything as God would save them if they were ill. A bit of an odd lookout from a catholic.

yeah, the other week we stayed at an Airbnb cottage in masham - lovely place, was next to the chippy... and we chilled with the front door open so we could see what was going on, and some guy stood outside (waiting for the chippy) and smoking a tab and the smoke came the house...I was fuming..!
I like to have a few drinks to relax, but some people just don't have an off button. They drink to excess, all the people I've described are well out of teenage yrs. Girlfriends boss is in her 50's, she's an executive.

Brothers wife quaffed 2 bottles of white wine, big booming gob during footy Saturday after an hr.
She's a binge drinker.
You don't drink do you Rupert, yes but not like that.
She asked how I manage to stay out all night when I used to DJ or promote, I said I pace myself or don't drink.
Easy when you know how.
Irritating people after too much drink.
Small doses.
The main reason is I don't want my kids to think being drunk is normal.

I like to have a few drinks to relax, but some people just don't have an off button. They drink to excess, all the people I've described are well out of teenage yrs. Girlfriends boss is in her 50's, she's an executive.

Brothers wife quaffed 2 bottles of white wine, big booming gob during footy Saturday after an hr.
She's a binge drinker.
You don't drink do you Rupert, yes but not like that.
She asked how I manage to stay out all night when I used to DJ or promote, I said I pace myself or don't drink.
Easy when you know how.
Irritating people after too much drink.
Small doses.
The main reason is I don't want my kids to think being drunk is normal.
TBH, most women turn into cackling witches after too much wine.

A manager at my old place....

Was extremely good tennis player when younger, but he "just didn't fancy going pro"
Was so good at golf, he could "play it with a tennis racket"
Flew helicopters for the Navy Seals on a "freelance basis"
Has been shot "numerous times"
On first name terms with the head of the police and as such, "doesn't get any speeding fines"
Was a bodybuilder and was so big "couldn't walk through doorways"

I'm sure there were more, but it was a few years ago. As you can imagine, nobody took him seriously.
Was this him?

Attachments

• dear_john_kirk.jpg
    dear_john_kirk.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 32
Yeah doctors and nurses.
Prior to working at a hospital, I thought doctors and nurses were sort of decent folks.

But I was soooo wrong^1000,000. Oh my God. Majority of doctors and nurses I have encountered are melodramatic drama queens who act like they are God's gift to Earth and expect people to roll out the red carpet for them at all times.

Get lost. No one forced you to enter the medical profession. Leave me alone. Why do you feel like I owe you something? . . . . . . . . . . .
About time someone come out and said this.

My sister has been a nurse for the last 40 years and never stops whinging about how "nurses are special" Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more.
Near the top of her profession now she earns from £80k to over £100k per year depending on lecture work etc.

Starting salary for Nurses is in line with that of Teachers, Police Officers, Fire Fighters etc.
The opportunities for progression is good too.

A lot of my family have been involved with the NHS including my wife and mother.
The image portrayed by the media, and nurses themselves, does not reflect reality in 99% of cases.
The image of brow mopping heroes/angels running in and out of emergency rooms and saving lives is not reality except for rare occasions.
Anyone who visits hospitals regularly and sees nurses in their normal environment will see normal folk trudging up and down corridors, processing out patients, or at desks doing paperwork etc.
Perfectly normal people, good, bad and indifferent like those found in any other work place.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom