Has something seemingly trivial totally put you off someone or do a complete U turn on your opinion of them?

Constant lateness. Used to know someone who lived 5 minutes away. If he told you 7.30, it was any time between 7.20 and 7.45. If he turned up at 7.20, he'd moan because you'd kept him waiting, if you turned up at 7.31, he'd moan, but he didn't get your issue of him being late.

Drunkards in general, some people just shouldn't drink.
Ever.
Girlfriends boss swaying chain smoking at her doorway when I picked Mrs Rupert up. Have some self respect.
Brothers wife turns into an obnoxious big gob, a mate who becomes aggressive after a few, argumentative so,so.

I have changed my opinion of someone i know who is antivaxx.
Do they hold that belief just for themselves or for other people too?

It seems to have become a very divisive subject, like mask wearing, but I don't think either will ever have universal accord.

It's recently started to annoy me, but people who don't wear masks on public transport when they aren't exempt. Every Thursday morning for the past two months this woman in her 20's gets on the Bus with no mask and when she gets off the Bus she goes straight for the vape, yet the Bus Drivers never challenge her. Once I got a bollocking off them because my mask wasn't over my nose

Relentless manipulators/self-promoters. Can't abide them...and it isn't their self-servng narrative to garner false reputation so much, that's transparently shallow and easy enough to read, it's their narcissistic disparagement of others that really leaves a bad taste.

Some people seem imbued with a toxicity which compels them to see every situation as an opportunity to gain something for themselves by default, without putting any actual effort into it.

Superiority by schadenfreude might be one way of putting it and, while it probably does speak more of that person's under-achievement and lack of self-esteem than anything else, it doesn't make their behaviour any more acceptable or less potentially damaging.

My step sister, very down to earth no nonsense person started going to a spiritualist church and now says she can also talk to the dearly departed...and I think 'you can't possibly be that gullible, so you are lying to my face' again, something that doesn't 'fit' with how I used to see her.
But anyone can talk to the dead? It's people who claim they talk back you need to worry about...

I know or rather knew someone who lies. OK we all tell porkies but he will lie about everything even stuff that it is/was so easy to catch him out.
One of the best BS stories I have heard:

A lad who claimed to have been a roadie for iron maiden and sang from the wings while Bruce Dickinson mimed onstage at a festival in Thailand due to Dickinson losing his voice.

He also claimed to have karate chopped a seagull in half as it flew past.

It's recently started to annoy me, but people who don't wear masks on public transport when they aren't exempt. Every Thursday morning for the past two months this woman in her 20's gets on the Bus with no mask and when she gets off the Bus she goes straight for the vape, yet the Bus Drivers never challenge her. Once I got a bollocking off them because my mask wasn't over my nose
How do you know she isn't exempt?

One of the best BS stories I have heard:

A lad who claimed to have been a roadie for iron maiden and sang from the wings while Bruce Dickinson mimed onstage at a festival in Thailand due to Dickinson losing his voice.

He also claimed to have karate chopped a seagull in half as it flew past.

How did you manage to keep a straight face?!

Good good friend of mine for many years, amazed how he just turned his nose up at the Covid 'rules'. Only previous inclination I had of this was 30 years ago when he hit the net playing tennis and said 'its a stupid rule so doesn't count' obviously doesn't like authority (and he's a high flying NH*S worker) ! !
*put the NHS worker bit in as I expected him, more than any of my other friends, to follow the guidance

Good good friend of mine for many years, amazed how he just turned his nose up at the Covid 'rules'. Only previous inclination I had of this was 30 years ago when he hit the net playing tennis and said 'its a stupid rule so doesn't count' obviously doesn't like authority (and he's a high flying NH*S worker) ! !
*put the NHS worker bit in as I expected him, more than any of my other friends, to follow the guidance
Given the bluddy Minister in charge of the whole Covid operation didn't feel the need to follow the guidance perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised. ;)

If wearing a mask causes distress then yes. Don't come running to me though if you catch the lurgy!
That's bollox though, without being too dramatic my illness is one of the worse mental illness you can have. And not once have I been advised I'm exempt. And I see my psychiatrist on a regular basis

Yes although, to be fair, this may be more of a case of my own bias etc. Something that bothers me more than it does a lot of people is when someone habitually talks about themselves in the third person (illeism). Numerous examples of well-known people who do this but Endemoniada has also encountered it in his everyday life.

That’s amazing!!

amazing.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom