Has play tv been discontinued?

koolmacher

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive searched the local gaming shops and electrical stores none have any in stock or plan on getting any more so it looks like its no longer available other than game who seem to think they can charge £70 for it! So has it stopped being produced?

Ive searched the local gaming shops and electrical stores none have any in stock or plan on getting any more so it looks like its no longer available other than game who seem to think they can charge £70 for it! So has it stopped being produced?

I got mine from Currys about 2 months ago for £40 might be worth giving them a shout? otherwise £69.99 is the R.R.P.

Ashley.

I just ordered one today from tesco direct £49.99, Argos were sold out and didn't know when they would get them in.

i got mine a couple of weeks ago from toys r us for 39.99.

i got mine from cex for about £35 second hand , but while i was in gamestation a couple of days ago they had some in stock but im not sure of the price

ive just got mine from comet for 50quid i think (or maybe it was 60?)
Argos had no stock at any stores within a 60 mile radius of my house.. i gave up looking after that.

.. that aside, i noticed my PlayTV has (under each menu) a message saying "Update available" .. any ideas how to do the update?

im new to the ps3, Ive gone through all the menu options in PlayTV itself, and found nothing, have also tried system update from the main crossbar menu and that came back with nothing.
unfortunately i chucked out the manual and box for playtv as soon as i got it working.. :eek:ops so havent a clue how to action the update that is supposedly available.

cheers

hi mate, shut the ps3 down, and then boot it back up and go into play tv again, go to the play tv menu (triangle) and its one of the options "Update". When I got mine it kept saying that but the option to update didn't appear until a reboot. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom