Has Pioneer dissapeared?

bobmoss

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a new low end AV receiver and have been looking at the Denon AVR-X1600H, Yamaha RX-V585 and Pioneer VSX-534. I then noticed that the Pioneer was only 5.1 so went looking for the next model up, which I assumed would be the VSX-834 but they don't seem to exist anywhere?

Is this just a Pioneer supply issue, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

It does seem that Pioneer are having problems because of the pandemic. Not looked at receivers but their two high end 4K players are not thought to be in stock before the end of September.

Aren't they now part of Onkyo or owned by the same group that owns Onkyo at least. It's certainly the case the new receivers are very similar under the skin (like Denon and Marantz I guess)

The AV side of Pioneer does now belong to Onkyo. The rest of Pioneer is still an independent concern. Sound United were in negotiations to buy Onkyo and Pioneer, but the deal fell through.

The lower end receivers from Onkyo and Pioneer do indeed use the same components, but the higher tier Pioneer models are or were more specific to Pioneer. You'd also not be forced to use the dreadful AccuEQ system employed onboard the Onkyo models if purchasing a Pioneer model.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, not just me going mad then! Looks like I've got to decide between the Denon and the Yamaha then...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom