Has my Z2 lamp blown or something else?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MWD, Sep 11, 2007.

1. MWD

MWD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

I watched LOTR:ROTK last night and the projector was fine. I turned it on tonight to watch the Matrix and the lamp appears to try and light up then crackles and dies. I wasn't watching the screen as it was booting up so dont know if it came on and blew or didnt come on at all.

Anyway Ive opened up the PJ and the lamp does appear to have some glass bits floating around in it if that's anything to go by.

I would just like to know if there is anyway I can confirm if it is the bulb and crack on with the decision of buying a new bulb for £200 or putting it towards something else or could there be4 something else wrong?

Thanks

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    I'd guess the glass bits says it all :(

3. MWD

MWD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeh I think the glass sums it up too but I hadnt noticed the change lamp light and it was fine last night so just hoping to make sure before I go and buy a new one.

Also, to add to this, any reason why a lamp from pricejapn.com wouldnt work in a UK model Z2? Big saving to be made even if it gets stung by customs but hopefully make it through.

Thanks

4. pc99

pc99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought a new lamp from PriceJapan for my Z2 about 5 months ago and it's been fine. Although I've now decided to sell the Z2 and upgrade to a Z5 which should be arriving today.

5. MWD

MWD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bit the bullet this morning and ordered from pricejapan, Kaneda reckons it will be with me in 4 days or so. Great service if it is for thr price. Out of curiosity did you order the Z5 from pricejapan?

I wouldnt mind hearing your views when you get it especially how you fuidn compared with the Z2 as I may be tempted for an upgrade soon.

Thanks