1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has my Philips 32" 9976 died? It's flatlining man!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by duffer, Jul 11, 2005.

1. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Help!

Woke up this Monday morning and thought I'd depress myself further so I tried switching on my Philips LCD TV with the remote to get a hold of the latest news. Oh boy! Now I was really depressed. Instead of the single red light turning a cool blue and the screen clicking on it just did f*$K all - well not quite - apart from the single blue light coming on but without the screen clicking on and giving me a view of the gorgeous blonde babe that does the Italian breakfast TV news bulletins with that oh so 'don't even think about it' look, the red light started flicking intermittenly (f*$k knows how you spell it after a bottle of fine Italian wine to drown my sorrows) - and so I tried to switch the TV off from standby mode by both the remote and the illuminated blue buttons on the side with no success! This after I splashed out almost €2,800 just before Xmas only for the price to drop by €300 in January for the TV that on first viewing was a huge huge disappointment but after an infuriating 2 weeks of twiddle twaddle gives a mother of good picture - anyway I am veering off track

Allora, I have an expensive TV that just doesn't switch on and the red and blue lights just don't switch off unless I pull the plug out.

The pointless user guide says something about your input isn't supported but I just wanna watch the blonde babe through my normal RF ariel input in my front living room!

Help me whoever has had this type of problem!

Thanks and god bless from a blonde babe loving dude in Italy where the TV is *****! :lease:

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It's back to the shop with it I'm afraid. This is most likely being caused by the relay that is operated from standby that kicks the main power on.

The flashing red light is, in fact, an important sequence which should tell the engineer what's up with the set.

Call the shop...

Jimmy

3. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Jimsan,

Yeah the website was no help as it gave no indication as to what the problem could be.

I've dismantled the TV from the stand and placed it back in its box. Now I've got to lug it to the service centre. And to make matters easier for everyone in Italy they open only Monday to Friday 9,30 to 6,30. They said they could come and collect it and then drop it off later for €50. Thieves.

I wonder if I had bought it on the internet and it was under guarantee would I pay for the return postage or does the internet shop need to collect and return without charge?

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hope it's an easy fix, Duffer. Let us know....

Jimmy

5. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Taking the mother to the service centre straight after work on Friday. Could take the unit back the the shop but that will only delay matters I'm sure. Besides the service centre is nearer to me.

And I thought I would never have any problems with a Phillips!

Cheers Jimmy.

6. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Not much could be further from the truth!

7. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm still waiting for Philips to sort out my set. Certainly the traditional Italian August shutdown hasn't helped! Well... at least the gelateria is open. Nutella flavour for me :)