1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has my amp had it?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Timmy C, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I've got a delta 290 that has been working fine until I recently left it switched on over night. I tried to play a cd and as soon as the drums kicked in the sound cut out. After trying a couple more times with the same results I gave up for the night. Tried it again this afternoon and it seemed to work fine until I cranked up the volume a bit and the same thing happened.

Anyone got an idea what the problem is and what it might cost to fix it?

Cheers

2. SillySausage

SillySausage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I don't know if that particular amp uses a similar circuitry to my Alpha 6plus, but I had similar problems from time to time.

What I found was that the quick blow fuses in the speaker output circuitry are prone to 'wearing' out and can give the symptoms you are showing when pushed.

Have a look under the lid and see if there are any fuses there that can be replaced.

Has to be worth a try for the sake of £1.50 at maplins for some fuses :D

Cheers,
    Adam.

3. shernus

shernus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,
    i had a prob with my p75 amp move the volume over 1 & it cut out,the problem was dry solder joints i had the speaker circuits re-soldered and it has never returned, your problem sounds very much the same,if so dont worry to much, cost to resolder isn't so bad
    still a pain in the ass though

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Thanks guys! It turns out someone had moved a speaker and caused the plugs to touch causing the amp to cut out. All back to normal now though.