• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has It Gone Quiet?

Elrond

Is it more or has it gone very quiet in the photography forums in the past week or so?

Last edited:

ryart

The threads discussing the future layout of the forum certainly haven't been quiet ;). It's difficult to assess now the forum is subdivided so it would be interesting to see some statistics if available.

senu

Distinguished Member
The new sub forum layout might give the impression it has gone dead quiet but as modding involves reading most( or all post/ threads) I tend to " visit" as often as I can ( even at work ) and find there is a steady through put

Forum activity is not always at a frantic pace though and even if the new layout is adding to that Im sure things will pick up

The current weather is hardly an incentive to go out and shoot and the likes of Radiohead can only shoot so many weddings:)
Buying gear is also probably not top of the agenda in many households in these " prosperous" times :censored: as such it wont surprise me if the gear thread is not on full blast at this time , especially January post xmas

Even before last week the " attendance" was never a static thing and there were periods of relatively slow activity ( which is not nessesarily a bad thing )

As such FWIW I find that the regulars still come on to comment of photos, open new threads, and a look at the Home page will show that most posts on it are from that day
The General Photography Chat is certainly buisness as usual as far as I can see

Last edited:

PaddyK

It does seem to have gone very quiet. No coincidence that it happened at the time of the reshuffle.

Very annoying how I have to do multiple clicks to get between this board and the photo sharing one. Very off-putting so perhaps other people feel the same?

senu

Distinguished Member
It does seem to have gone very quiet. No coincidence that it happened at the time of the reshuffle.
It could also be seasonal as I suggested in my post .

Very annoying how I have to do multiple clicks to get between this board and the photo sharing one. Very off-putting so perhaps other people feel the same?
I do rather sympathise with the unfamiliarity of the " reshuffle " but you actually dont need more than 2 clicks to get to photo sharing or any indeed other Subforum

One click on the Digital Photography link on the top of the page starting left:
AVForums .com> Digital Photography
and from there just click on where you want to be
Another sugestion is to bookmark them so you just click once
I myself get to do it all the time and its almost second nature now.

The Forum reorganisation thread is still open and Im by no means being " apologetic" about it as it was done following forum users suggestion

Suffice to say it is our nature to dislike change and hopefully in time it will all seem like it was like this all along:)

Last edited:

jmbrailsford

Hi,

I can only say that I* prefer the new set-up, it's the same as every other Forum I look at, I wish people would use it for a bit longer before slagging it, I can understand the regulars being a bit put out but change will always happen it's just something you have to live with and adapt to, if nothing ever changed life would be so boring, ok change isn't always for the better, but I certainly think the Photography section is far better for it, at least you know now if you are looking for info on gear, or want to see someone's photo's you know exactly where to go, I mean how many people actually browsed past page 2 of the old Forum?

Mike.

bstonehouse

Totally agree - I don't like the reshuffle, I preferred eveything in one forum.

Might be interesting to have a poll

bodoman

Distinguished Member

It only goes quite if people dont contribute any posts, no disrespect to you PaddyK, but i note you have only 13 posts in 12 months, for a forum to be successful it requires members to contribute to the community.

Not having a pop at you at all and apologise if you think i am giving that impression.

PaddyK

It only goes quite if people dont contribute any posts, no disrespect to you PaddyK, but i note you have only 13 posts in 12 months, for a forum to be successful it requires members to contribute to the community.

Not having a pop at you at all and apologise if you think i am giving that impression.

No worries I know I'm fairly new here, I've only been lurking and posting on the board recently. Was just stating an opinion that adding extra clicks to navigate between two photo sub-forums might be putting people off. Although the mods must have acted with what the majority said in the suggestions thread.

Maybe a suggestion of merging the general chat and the photo sharing topic together? Possibly put it to a vote? I'm sure the mods are doing their best regardless.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom