has anyone used www.sale-point.com ?

Reaction score
Hi there

I've just come across the same site. Did you ever use them?

You are aware that they based in Asia and you might get stung for VAT and import duty?

No warranty either I guess.

Edit: This is on their site...

Importation to the recipient's country causes attention to the local authorities. The recipient has to pay importation VAT and customs duty as those are not included in the retail price and invoice amount. Please get informed from your local customs office about import restrictions for a designated article. For all queries concerning customs regulations your local customs office is available.

eddiewood

Many thanks for the response. I was unclear whether or not goods would be shipped from Asia or Germany since all the processing information is in German. Although I could take delivery in France the price differential probably doesn't warrant any possible hassle.

I like ordering through Amazon simply for their awesome returns policy.

My experience of sale-point.com is that they are not a genuine retailer. I ordered a mobile phone from them paying by PayPal and it never arrived. They were very good at keeping me informed of progress of my order until the 45 day time limit for raising a claim with PayPal expired, after which they totally ignored my emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
You WILL be charged VAT, duty and handling. Add 25-30% on the price and see how cheap they are then. Theres an old saying that applies to these really cheap companies, if its to good.....

Shortly after posting my condemnation of sale-point.com saying they are not a genuine retailer, surprise, surprise, I get another email saying that the replacement order has been despatched by express delivery and that I should receive it by Tuesday 10 April.

This morning 9 April the parcel arrived via Fedex with a bill for import duty and a handling fee - better than losing my money. In the event, sale-point are not a company I will do business with again because of their poor communication and the time taken from ordering to delivery (in my case 2 Feb - 9 Apr)

at least you received it :)

I had a failed transaction with Sale-point where I tried to buy a mobile phone but was unable to make a successful payment on there site. Long story short they sent me and email saying not very much but I owed them ex amount of Euro's compensation I received a few emails with different amounts that I owed them ( very confusing) they gave no real reason why.
So to sum up I never received any goods from them, I never received any service from them and my payment failed because of there site and for some reason they think I'm owe them money.
The final straw I have just received a letter from a German debt collection agency for €147 on behalf of sale-point.
Don't go near them!!!

I was looking to buy a camera from them, added a delivery address, but then thought it looked a little dodgy so chose to close the page before payment. I now also have a German debt collection agency requesting a considerable sum of money. Don't even go near this company! Have you resolved your problem yet?

Hi MLG

My first course of action was to contact Visa card but had no joy there, they suggested Trading standards. So I contacted Trading standards but was told by them that because it was cross boarders I would need to contact the European consumer centre ECC: Trading Standards Institute which I have now done there is a 10 working day waiting time so as yet have only received an automated response. I will post again when I get advice. The German debt collection company seems to fall under 2 names Profaktura and BID Unternehmensgruppe | Forderungsmanagement, Inkasso, Inkassounternehmen, Inkassobüro | BID-Coburg.de is this the same lot as you?
I noticed on Google shopping that they get a lot of good reviews but they seemed to be mainly German reviews the non German reviews were negative.

I to have fallen for the Sale-Point trap, I tried to buy a camera from them and my payment didn't go though so I tried again still no look but received 2 emails for 2 cameras!! feeling I was being conned I contacted my bank and they said than no payment have been requested by them, I tried contacting them but received no reply so I used their online sales form to cancel my order, now the same debt collection agency is trying to claim 170 euros from me, note that fakutura has no legal powers to claim any money unless sale-point sells the debt or sale-point they themselves take you to court for the amount.
Would love to hear from anyone else having the same problems

I went through the debt collectors contact page today filling in all the boxes (nothing they don't already know about me) the last part has box you can fill in if you disagree with the claim against you so I've done that still waiting for a reply. P.S received another letter from then on Friday past.

How exactly can they send the debt collectors after you for a transaction which was never completed? A contract to buy/sell has never been fulfilled. Shocking stuff.

My concern is if they sell the debt to a British debt collection agency although I'm not even sure if they can do that? Also if they try and mess with your credit report.

I cannot see how they would have any grounds under UK law to chase this debt as you have not completed a sale with them so no contract exists.

how on earth they can do that??? you didn't buy the item - no sale - no commitments. or they charging just for looking at their website???

Well I emailed Faktura 3 days ago about my case but like the company they are representing not had any reply yet!
I was directed to Consumer Direct maybe anyone else having the same problems should contact them too, maybe if several people complain about Sale-Point we may have some joy their number is 08454040506, ive got a case number now and they told me to keep digging for any other problems i can find about that site.:thumbsup:

Hey A Burns, I have also emailed Profaktura going through there contact page, when ask to select my country from the drop down menu the UK was not listed I found this very strange, is this because they don’t have any legal rights in our country? I did get a response from them though after 2 days by email which had an attachment which looked like a hand written letter, the chap that emailed me said that I had already received this letter which I had not. The letter stated that I had been given 2 chances to cancel my order and because I had ignored this I was now being pursued for compensation to sale-point. I emailed back copying and pasting sale-points email to them which clearly states that if “I do not reply to the email my order would be automatically cancelled” I didn’t reply to that email so surely my order was cancelled?? - any hoo safe to say that I have not had a reply back from Profaktura from 4 days ago. I have also contacted European consumer centre by email but still haven’t had a reply this was over 2 weeks ago. Is this the same people you contacted ukeec.net? Maybe it’s time to give them a phone. If Mr MLG phoned them too then maybe they would start to sit up and notice.

Hi neworange, when i called comsumer direct they said it seems strange that i was being charged for something i didnt get and told me to keep digging which i keep trying to do, ive no intention of paying Faktura if they wish they can take me to court, i think right now with several people having the same problems i stand a good chance of winning, seems to me that this is a very good con, u cant pay for the goods but they still charge you for them, it must be for the privilege of using their site lol

I just got a reply from the European consumer center here's what they had to say:

Based on the information you have provided I can see that you have contracted with a company in Thailand. I must admit that this is not the first complaint I have seen that is similar to yours in the way that things have happened. I am unsure why any company would make a order before taking payment as this seems illogical.

In theory as you have shown your intention to place an order with the company they could hold you liable for the full amount of the goods but it also seems that they have accepted cancellation so this should not be an issue. Although I have no knowledge of the legislation of Thailand it would seem that they are requesting compensation for the cancellation of your sale. In Europe this is not common practice so would lead me to believe that this could possibly be some kind of scam.

As they have employed a debt collection agent to contact you regarding this fee I would suggest that you contact them and suggest that you feel the fee is unjustified based on the cancellation being accepted. As they are not based in the UK they would not be able to start proceedings against you.

I would suggest that you try to contact both parties and inform them of your unwillingness to pay and let them take further action if they wish. At that stage I would do nothing else. Alternatively you could pay and put it down to experience to stop any further action being taken, however unlikely this may seem.

Thats a nice piece of information, i know i wont be paying anyone unless a court tells me too, thanks for your effort neworange :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom