Has anyone used ExpressTest (by Cignpost) for Covid Fit to Fly testing?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
So Omnicrom has thrown a spanner in the works for my impending trip to the US this month - due to depart Heathrow on the 16th for San Francisco, then leave there on the 20th and land 21st back and Heathrow. I was expecting to be able to do the LF test and get a clear result (tigers crossed of course) and I'm due back to work on the 26th (I told my family out of respect I wouldn't be joining them for xmas day, but if I'm still testing clear on the morning of the 26th I'll stop by on my way to work). Of course, all the criteria has changed now Omnicrom is gaining traction, and I'm told upon reentering the country I'll need to do a PCR test and isolate until the result comes back. Problem with that is the time turn around - take the test on day 2 (23rd), try and get it in the priority post before last collection (17:15 23rd) and hope I get the results on the 24th or 25th - which strikes me as unlikely.

ExpressTest seem to suggest you can book a PCR test when returning to the UK (from a non-red list country) and take it same day as you land, at a test site at the airport (they say several times it's a "0-2 day test" and can be taken on or before day 2), and you'll get the results no later than 10pm the next day - which for me is exactly what I need, as I'll get the results on the 22nd, so I only need isolate until the 23rd and I can LF test everyday at home thereafter just to be safe.

Has anyone used this service, or the company, for covid testing when returning from abroad?

Laureline

Distinguished Member
So Omnicrom has thrown a spanner in the works for my impending trip to the US this month - due to depart Heathrow on the 16th for San Francisco, then leave there on the 20th and land 21st back and Heathrow. I was expecting to be able to do the LF test and get a clear result (tigers crossed of course) and I'm due back to work on the 26th (I told my family out of respect I wouldn't be joining them for xmas day, but if I'm still testing clear on the morning of the 26th I'll stop by on my way to work). Of course, all the criteria has changed now Omnicrom is gaining traction, and I'm told upon reentering the country I'll need to do a PCR test and isolate until the result comes back. Problem with that is the time turn around - take the test on day 2 (23rd), try and get it in the priority post before last collection (17:15 23rd) and hope I get the results on the 24th or 25th - which strikes me as unlikely.

ExpressTest seem to suggest you can book a PCR test when returning to the UK (from a non-red list country) and take it same day as you land, at a test site at the airport (they say several times it's a "0-2 day test" and can be taken on or before day 2), and you'll get the results no later than 10pm the next day - which for me is exactly what I need, as I'll get the results on the 22nd, so I only need isolate until the 23rd and I can LF test everyday at home thereafter just to be safe.

Has anyone used this service, or the company, for covid testing when returning from abroad?

Their reviews on Facebook aren't good

sraper

I've used express test myself and booked for others many times and never had a problem.

Recently my wife flew back into the country and she walked down the arrival hall to the express test area and had the test done basically less than 1 hour after getting off the plane

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom