Question Has anyone used an IR over Cat 5 extender with Harmony?

nonsoloinglese

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to extend the harmony hub's capabilities using a cat5 IR extender? The harmony blaster jack's are only 2.5mm so would need to purchase some 3.5mm -> 2.5mm adaptors and before doing so thought I would ask the avf community if this has been done?

My harmony hub blasters IR signal is picked up by my Keene IR Anywhere IR over IP modules which sends the IR signal to my office (which contains my main Sky Q box).

All works perfectly fine, with no additional delay experienced by using this method.

cool I will have a go setting my itach accordingly.

i use DIY cat6 extenders. I still terminated the cable to RJ45. I made 2 x female 2.5mm to RJ and 2 x male 2.5mm to RJ connectors.

I have the hub in my node zero, one blaster in the living room and one blaster in my diner. Works great!

i use DIY cat6 extenders. I still terminated the cable to RJ45. I made 2 x female 2.5mm to RJ and 2 x male 2.5mm to RJ connectors.

I have the hub in my node zero, one blaster in the living room and one blaster in my diner. Works great!

Grea, what do you mean by ‘node zero’?

Thanks

Grea, what do you mean by ‘node zero’?

Thanks

It's the location where the majority of the equipment is stored. I have a server rack with my network and AV hardware in, which is then fed to the rest of the house from there.

Has anyone ever tried to extend the harmony hub's capabilities using a cat5 IR extender? The harmony blaster jack's are only 2.5mm so would need to purchase some 3.5mm -> 2.5mm adaptors and before doing so thought I would ask the avf community if this has been done?
Slightly off topic but have successfully setup harmony hub over HDMI using Lindy adapters at both ends. Had to buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable from hub to Lindy at the AV receiver end and then use the Lindy supplied it emitter at the projector end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom