has anyone upgraded the dv88+ yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by camlogan, Feb 28, 2003.

1. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering whether anyone had bothered to put a Sil504 chipset in the arcam dv88+ to compare the difference in progressive scan quality from the Zoran V?

If so, is it worth it or maybe more to the point - in theory would it be worth doing that or waiting for another chipset i.e. something like a future Sil505?

thanks

CaM

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have heard that the SIL card ismeant to be better than the built in progscan on the DV88+ .. but I reckon it will come down to the sort of display you are using as to how much difference will be seen between the 2 ...

I have not tried the built in progscan yet!!

Cheers

matt

3. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, you are unlucky if you are using only the interlaced mode because imo it is only marginaly better than my old toshiba 210se dvd player - and that now costs 110 pounds.

The progressive on the arcam is excellant though - much better than my sim2's built in progressive...and of course you know how good the cd playback is....

CaM

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Don't know about the difference in quality, but the prog-scan out of DV27Plus (that has Zoran V for decoding and SiI for prog-scan) is excellent.

Old DV27 with SiI was pretty good too.

StooMonster