Has anyone upgraded from XTZ?

I had the 99.26s on home demo a couple of years ago when I was auditioning kit for my system. I suspect they're better for HT than for stereo duties, at least to my ears. At the time I short listed the Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand SE and Linn Majik 109 over the XTZs, and eventually wound up with the Linns. I thought they were more refined and detailed than the XTZs, which were a bit bright and harsh.

I eventually moved on to Martin Logan Vantages which are in a different league altogether! :)

Thanks. I have upgraded the XTZ 99.25 center to a Monitor Audio PLC350 center and now I have more bass and even more clarity!

Thanks. I have upgraded the XTZ 99.25 center to a Monitor Audio PLC350 center and now I have more bass and even more clarity!

At ÂŁ2,500 or so RRP, I would definitely hope you'd have a lot more for your money! Are you going for PL200 or PL300 L/R?

The XTZ 99.25 center mark 2 is ÂŁ385 and PLC350 is ÂŁ2600. The MA costs about 6.5 x more than the XTZ but in no way is the MA 6.5 better than the XTZ. I am going to go for 4 x PL300 (L/R and surrounds).

wow, that's going to be some serious setup! Are you buying new or ex-demo/2nd hand? That's some series cash... hope you've got the amplification to handle that lot!

I will be buying used/ex demo/graded. I currently have a sunfire signature. It should be able to push 850 watts (4 ohms) per channel!

Last edited:
I've just received and set up my 99.36's (and centre) and.. Oh my God! They're simply awesome, and not even run in yet.
Hope the PL's make you at least as happy!

I was happy with the xtz but I fancied a change! These PL are awesome!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom