Has anyone tried the Play-asia component cable yet?

RHCP

Prominent Member
Reaction score
And is it any good?

Its just an official Nintendo component cable. Works fine on my UK console. Im very happy with it!

play asia official cables got delayed till end of dec so they offering chance of a 3rd party cable.
I should be recieving mine any day now.

will let you know:smashin:

play asia official cables got delayed till end of dec so they offering chance of a 3rd party cable.
I should be recieving mine any day now.

will let you know:smashin:

I'd be very interested to hear how this one is.

Might be buying a Wii in the next couple of days but as it's already pushing my budget I really want to calculate all the essential extras. If the play-asia cheapie component cable is pretty good then that would help.

Only trouble is I've been used to using the official Nintendo component cable on my Gamecube so it might make me more critical if it's only ok.

Mine was posted on Monday, not expecting to see it this side of Xmas tho.

Decided to go ahead & order one of these last night, was despatched today so will wait & see how it is.

I'll post my opinions when it arrives, can compare some Gamecube games on my Cube connected with the official Nintendo component cable(480p), then the same game on the Wii with the cheapie playasia component cable(again 480p).

Will be interesting to see how they compare, I suspect the Gamecube with the official cable will look nicer but time will tell. will just sell the playasia cable on & go official if it isn't very good.

£7.00 delivered isn't alot to risk at the end of the day.

So, anyone tried the budget playasia component cable yet for opinions?

I have one on order but it'll probably be a good while yet as playasia posted items are on a big time go slow for me at the moment.

Would like to get some opinions today if poss as I have a voucher that expires today which I could use to order the official cable if this one isn't up to much.

Anyone?

I've got the one from Play Asia (not official) and the Blaze component cable. I've chopped and changed between the two and can't see a difference between them.

I have read that the official cable is better though.....

I've got the one from Play Asia (not official) and the Blaze component cable. I've chopped and changed between the two and can't see a difference between them.

I have read that the official cable is better though.....

Great, that's helpfull to know, I've read quite a few comments that the Blaze one isn't as good as the official so I guess if it's comparable to that perhaps I'll shell out the extra after all, can easy sell this one when it arrives.

So is the build quality also comparable to the Blaze one? I heard that the Blaze cable quality seems superb but the picture isn't that great.[EDIT]No, hang on, I was thinking about the Mad Catz cable there[EDIT]

I haven't got mine yet but don't take any notice of the timescales on the Play-Asia site that says they won't have any stock until mid-January. I ordered at midnight on Wednesday night and got a dispatch email at lunchtime today - effectively 2 1/2 days not 15!

The Blaze is a much better build quality that the cheapo from Play Asia. Can't matter that much as I can't see a difference between the two.

I've got the cheapo Play Asia cable and my initial reaction was one of disappointment. It is definitely better than the composite but it is still not what I would call perfect. The composite gave me a very grainy picture - the Play Asia component gives a much more solid picture but I am getting a bit of ghosting. I have ordered the official Nintendo cable from Play Asia as well and hope that will get rid of the minor ghosting.

I must admit I'm very fussy though - a year ago I returned an LG LCD screen because of minor ghosting with the Xbox - the Panny I replaced it with along with the Microsoft component cable gives an impeccable picture and I'm hoping the official cable will give me the same with the Wii.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom