• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has anyone tried a playstation 1 game on there ps3?

syko

Standard Member
Tried an old tomb raider game on my ps3 to see what it would do and it loaded but look all pixelated like it was made of lego am i missing a trick?

Tony Hoyle

Prominent Member
The PS1 didn't have a lot of resolution - 320x240 - and that's not gonna look good on a modern TV.

andrewrunagall

Established Member
Nope, that's what it used to look like.

I've tried GTA: London 1969, that work's OK. You could even go into Music on the XMB and play it like a CD just like the good old days of the PSX.

MattZani

Banned
played a few PS1 games on mine, look better than straight from PS1 on HD, in SD looks the same.

Matt

winstano

Established Member

Jim_Fear

Established Member
I'd like to see what firmware 2.0 brings for the PS3 with is upscaling of old PS2/PS1 games :)

james.miller

Prominent Member
Gran turismo 2 (THE BEST) and Final Fantasy 7 both appear to work fine. some upscaling and advanced graphics options would be nice though:)

MattZani

Banned
it already makes the game's upscaled to HD, but some smoothing on the edges would be nice.

Matt

james.miller

Prominent Member
it already makes the game's upscaled to HD, but some smoothing on the edges would be nice.

Matt

its not intelligent upscaling is it? come on you know what we meant lol

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom