Has anyone seen this problem before?

spaceman763

Novice Member
Hi folks

I went to see a second hand Sanyo PLV-Z5 today with a view to purchasing it. The bulb has less than 100 hours use but is over 2 years old (was used for a local film club for which interest fizzled out).

However when demoing the projector earlier tonight, the image had a sort of rainbow effect on the bottom. This was present regardless of lens shift and zoom. I took a photo on my phone of the problem which shows a yellow and orange band at the bottom of the image.

The banding was present across all inputs and different sources (laptop, dvd, sky).

Has anyone come across this before?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Seen something similar on an LCD AE3000. The prisms were shifted slightly so the edge of the picture had a stripe of colour. I slackened off the screws securing the prisms and put up a 100IRE test pattern and gently moved the prisms with the covers off. The hardest part is tightening the screws without moving the prisms...not for the faint hearted however. :)

spaceman763

Novice Member
Cheers KelvinS1965,

I was sort of hoping it would be a mechanical rather than a bulb issue. The projector is still under a 3 year RTB warranty so if the problem is indeed mechanical, it should be repairable.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom