Has anyone seen this plasma?

S

steve998

Just popped into my local currys to see the latest range of plasmas. They are getting in a Lg 50PC1da (50" model). List price is £1999 which i think is the same price as discounted previous model.

Has anyone seen one of these? Good/bad?

I was impressed with the quality of the 42" LG that i saw and it seemed to have as good/better? picture than my Hitachi PD5200E (which is now 2 years old and i presume technology has moved on a bit).

£2k (before any discount) for a 50" plasma with a good picture. I think they will sell bucket loads!

DUVET

Standard Member
steve998 said:
Just popped into my local currys to see the latest range of plasmas. They are getting in a Lg 50PC1da (50" model). List price is £1999 which i think is the same price as discounted previous model.

Has anyone seen one of these? Good/bad?

I was impressed with the quality of the 42" LG that i saw and it seemed to have as good/better? picture than my Hitachi PD5200E (which is now 2 years old and i presume technology has moved on a bit).

£2k (before any discount) for a 50" plasma with a good picture. I think they will sell bucket loads!

Sounds good to me, i'm on the look out for a good 50" plasma myself, won't be buying for approx 6 weeks, so this deal might just suit me. You mentioned discount, how do you get a discount on the list price ?

when do the expect to have these screens in ?

cheers
duvet

DUVET

Standard Member
so Malabbey how do we get a discount on these ?

S

steve998

I did indeed mention discount!

I have never spent £2000 on anything list price and not got a discount / free stuff thown in. I too will be buying in a few weeks (prob more like November) and hope that the pre xmas rush will drive down prices. (talk of xmas? its 90 degrees outside!! :D )

I was going to buy a 5 or 6 foot screen and projector for my room at a cost of £1500 in additin to my existing 32" plasma. Now i can have a plasma in the bedroom and a HUGE plasma in the lounge. I know the projector would have been 60" + BUT now i dont have to worry about 10m hdmi cables and switcher boxs and builders work putting up a screen and projector mount.

I know viewing distances are subjective, but i do find it strange that on the projector forum the 'recommended' ratio can be in the region of 1.5 - 1.75 times screen width (standard/ or HD feed). On the plasma forum i have seen many people stating that even ' a 42" at 9 foot is far to big' ( Different products, different people, different priorities maybe, just seems odd!)

I bet there are more people who secretly regret buying their 42" than those who bought a 50" tv that was 'too big'?

DUVET

Standard Member
Do you just ask dixons to give you a discount code ? or go see them in the shop ? i don't fancy paying the full £2000 and i need a tilting wall mount for the tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom