Has anyone seen the original Il Mare?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sushii, Aug 11, 2006.

1. sushii

sushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I went and watched the Hollywood make over, The Lake House... and was just horrified.

At the time I did not know anything about the film and just randomly went to see it since I have the UGC/Cineworld Card (£10 a month and watch as many films as you want). I almost had a heart attack when I saw Sandra Bullock and I am certain I stopped breathing when I saw Keanu Reeves *shudders* The horror...

The only thing that made me stay was seeing in small writing "Based on the film Il Mare".

It was terrible in the end... but it did have some interesting ideas and it got me wondering if the original was any good... well it can't be any worse then Lake House (two of my most hated actors on screen at the same time).

So has anyone seen it?

2. rhythmslave

rhythmslave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I can highly recommend the original Il Mare. It's an excellent film, but I haven't seen the remake, so can't compare the two. The original is a Korean film starring Ji-hyun Jun from My Sassy Girl, and recently Daisy. If you like Korean cinema then you should definitely give it a go.