Has Anyone Seen My Sock?

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missing: knee-length gent's sock, in elegant maroon. Answers variously to name 'left' or 'right'.

Last seen entering washing-machine with twin sibling, and never seen again. May have later wandered into tumble-dryer, but not now in either machine, nor stuck to other washing.

"Eeewww, it's mouldy..."

So she puts it in the tumble dryer? Is there something wrong with her wiring? :D :devil:

Hehe, I have a similar problem with my car phone holder. I have a nice Quadlock phone holder for my car, but as I have a few cars I usually take it out and move it between cars quite often. Can't find it anywhere! It's soo frustrating as they're quite expensive, but it must be in the house or the garage somewhere.

I've got a custy sock if that's any use?

Shame you didn't post this at the weekend. My daughter visited and bought her washing with her and there were 8 odd socks, yes 8, and one of them could've been yours.

I was going to post a thread like this when I couldn't find my beard trimmer charging cable. But after weeks and weeks of looking, it turned up in the glove box.

So try there?

I was going to post a thread like this when I couldn't find my beard trimmer charging cable. But after weeks and weeks of looking, it turned up in the glove box.

So try there?

Bit dodgy if he finds his sock in your glove box though:D

Missing: knee-length gent's sock, in elegant maroon. Answers variously to name 'left' or 'right'.

Last seen entering washing-machine with twin sibling, and never seen again. May have later wandered into tumble-dryer, but not now in either machine, nor stuck to other washing.
Any children at home?
images.jpg

Just replaced the element in my cooker. Found my pliers in the back of the cooker from when I last replaced the element.

Apparently finding your car keys in the fridge is an early symptom of Alzheimer's.

That's a regular problem round my house. Two socks go in, only one comes out. I think my washing machine eats them

Kids socks are worse!

Quite some time ago I decided to go through my eldest sons drawer who was probably about 3 years old at the time, in an attempt to pair up some socks as we could never find a matching pair. I found and I kid you not 18 separate odd socks, I even have a photo somewhere! Not a single pair in the whole drawer was found. What are the chances of that? To lose one of each sock..

Even to this day, the only time my boys have a matching pair is when they are new, after about a week or so one goes missing the cycle continues. It doesn't help that they won't keep them on in the house and will just leave them all over the place.

I just buy standard M&S black "Fresh Feet" socks for me, so I can grab any 2 socks quickly without worry. Probably saves me about 2 weeks a year of my life looking for a pair of socks!

Last edited:
I found my favourite hammer that I lost about 5 years ago the other day! Was found on the roof and was now somewhat rusty :-(

Keeping the thread on track, we have a growing pile of odd-socks :) Have decided they simply walk to an enchanted garden, never to be seen again!

I found my favourite hammer that I lost about 5 years ago the other day! Was found on the roof and was now somewhat rusty :-(

"day 1043. still on roof. Attempted to signal low flying police helicopter. No success. Still awaiting rescue"

Thanks, guys. It seems I'm not alone.

It is very odd, though. It's happened before, but the missing item has usually turned up stuck by static to a shirt or something out of the tumble drier and got overlooked.

But this time it really has completely vanished. I've tried all the suggestions posted above, too.

Did you wash a duvet in the same load?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom